My Digital Camera

• Thread starter Ron (Rontroversial) Clay
  • Start date
R

Ron (Rontroversial) Clay

I have recently bout a Fuji 602 Zoom Finepix. There appears to be a problem. Whenever I take a shot in normal mode outdoors, the picture is VERY over exposed. I've tried all the programmes and gone through the manual with a fine toothcomb. Indoors and with flash in low light the shots are perfect. However outdoors, the picture is virtually white.

What am I doing wrong?

Perhaps there is a simple remedy. I know I'm an old fart who is not used to all these modern electronics but I am now totally frustrated.

Should I take it back to the dealer?

Help!!

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

Take it back wiv your problem and i'm sure they will sort it out if needs be.

C

Chris Bishop

Check the instructions first just in case - say, it's stuck on a backlit subject setting, which would usually over epose a couple of stops unless you override it and tell it to use fill-in flash.

If it's a more sophisticated camera, it might have a white balance you an adjust to tweak this, or an adjustable ISO rating.

Bit out of my league otherwise, still using Nikon film cameras.

C

Cakey

check the exposure bracket setting.
if your not sure about this setting put the camera back to factory settings and start again.

D

Dave Rothery

a lot of "auto" white balance's are crap - it works better if you put it to "indoors" or "outdoors" setting manually. especially on digi camcorders.

C

Chris Bishop

Auto everything's usually crap, much better to learn it for yourself and change settings manually - the beauty of digi cameras is seeing the results instantly, I still have to wait for the prints or slides to come back...

D

Dave Rothery

better to go full auto at night with self take shots.....

R

Ron (Rontroversial) Clay

Thanks guys, I'll try fiddling again.

Mind you Graham must know more than most.

Help Graham!!

Trouble with these manuals is that they are not very user friendly.

C

Chris Bishop

Fascinating topic, certainly something I'd like to learn a lot more about.

C

Chris Bishop

Pic on the homepage was done on a Nikon F4s film camera on manual, bit of a fluke I suppose..........

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

Ron(Controversial)Clay has got a Fuji(Controversial)Zoom Finepix

D

Dave Slater

Reading through this thread I think I will stick with film cameras for a while. At least I can understand them.

R

Richard Drayson

Ron,
Have you printed off any photo's or are you looking at the image on the flat screen on the back of the camera?
Maybe your screen brightness wants adjusting?

R

Richard Drayson

Dave,I decided to go digital after my film camera decided not to wind on any film.
Really frustrating to finally remove the film after 36 exposures and find that it hadn't wound on.
Digital for me everytime from now on.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Ron, set everything back to its default settings (which is usually auto everything) and if the camera is still taking duff pics outside then there must be something wrong with it.

S

Stuart Bullard

Ron - I have had my Finepix back twice, both times they say nothing is wrong yet no one can explain the over exposed pici's or, as in my case, the very strange hue's I get for the sky (often pinky / magenta).

Frankly I am getting fed up with it. I'll em you an example to see if it is the same.

It used to be fine, so unless I have done something in set up I am at a loss. 3 holidays worth of crap pictures.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Stuart, you should be able to put these right in some decent photo editing software. Send me one to have a look at.

Same with you Ron, send one across.

I know this isn't the answer to your problem but it could help you retrieve some valuable shots.