Tackle Tart Crisis

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
Oh dear....its shortly my birthday and I can think of nothing tacklewise that I want let alone need. No rods,reels,bags,bits,clothing...nothing.I have been through everything and for the first time EVER I cannot think of anything. I have all the rods I will ever need [twice over] and enough reels to fish 3 on each rod.I dont do buzzers or poles.

I dont own a baitrunner of any sort but I cannot convince myself that I need one.

I'm completely distraught.Please,somebody save me from a powertool :eek:

Skippy

Rickrod

Reaction score
What about a expensive fishing book ..?

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Or:

New Summer waterproofs?

New Winter waterproofs?

New Seat box?

New Brolly? (Korum Stormshield is a beauty)

How about a nice new set of Carbon Fibre Bank Sticks?
They are sturdy and very light in weight - really a 'must have' for a TT.

Alternatively, have you considered a new branch of fishing?
Fly fishing for example, loads of scope there for a fellow Tackle Tart.

Its a pity you aren't into 'buzzers' as there's masses of scope just there alone . . . . . . . not only the buzzer itself but also all the little accessories; swingers, hangers and remotes.

Last edited:

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
I already fly fish and tie flies.My wet/cold/summer/winter clothing is sorted. I have carbon banksticks,landing net poles etc. After the BA bunfight I now own a Satnav. Books are OK but I have shedloads unread already and I will die naked in a ditch before I ever buy a pole/buzzer/bivvie of any sort.Its just not what I want to do.

Cakey : As usual I have absolutely no idea what you are on about.

This is serious.Mrs Skippy has said "order something you want" and I CANT THINK OF ANYTHING !:eek:

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
This is serious.Mrs Skippy has said "order something you want" and I CANT THINK OF ANYTHING !

Geeze, you don't make this easy do you Skippy . . . . . . . . okay, last thought:

How about one of those truly useful Electric Trolley thingies that Graham Marsden has?

Otherwise, I hope you enjoy your potential new . . . . . . . . .

Power Drill or Saw

[insert Smiley thingie > > > HERE]

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
I have just bought 'one of those electric trolley things that Graham Marsden has,' "us old 'uns need 'em" he keeps telling me, but there is a far more attractive alternative. :p

Why not employ a fair young maiden to carry your tackle at around £25 per trip all expenses paid. Surely if 'her indoors' pays for it she can't moan about it can she? Can She? :cool:

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
A lathe for making floats?

How can a fly tyer ever have enough material? There's always room for another cape or six, and a few thousand hooks.

Good thinking Alan, and don't forget that any self-respecting TT would also need (must have) a proper custom built Fly Tying Desk as well.

Fear not Skippy, that Power Drill may yet have to stay on the shop shelves.

Dave Burr

Reaction score
An angler with an empty shopping list, has there ever been such a thing?

Buy yourself a cane rod and a pin and have a bit of fun perhaps?

Kevin Perkins

Reaction score
A strictly limited run of 'TickleTackle HEG' stickers has just been commissioned, rarer than hen's teeth and oh so coveted by any tackle tart worthy of the name.

Staggeringly long waiting lists are already being compiled, but for a not too insignificant consideration I can get your name towards the very top of the list................