yateley car park

M

michael rouse

I want to fish the yateley car park lake but the only problem is i dont know where it is.Could anyone who has fished it please tell me where it is and how long it would take to get to it frow the North West.Any info on pegs that are producing carp would be appreciated.

D

Dave Rothery

i noticed on another thread that your new to carp angling, you might want to try some easier waters before going to yately, as its not half as easy as some articles could make out!

RMC YATELY

M

michael rouse

thanks for the advice dave.I have a subscription to advanced carp fishing and an article about the carpark came up which made me want to fish it.Could you recommend any other venues in cheshire(carp) that produce decent fish.

A

andrew jackson

Capesthorn Hall is also a bit of a tough nut to crack for a new carp angler, the fish are fairly well clued up now, and it has a serious weed problem to overcome. It is also on the stoke ticket so you have to get into the club.
Michael may I be bold enough to suggest you may be setting your sights a little high and trying to run before you can walk. You want to spend some time catching smallish carp, learning the craft and how to play and handle them safely. Once you are catching consitantly then turn it up a notch and target slightly larger carp. Its not a race you have the rest of your life to catch big carp, and you will be in a much better position to do just that with a few years experience under your belt.

M

michael rouse

I might be taking it a little fast and havnt had any monsters but a 6 hour session at a carp lake got me 3 carp one of 9 and a half lbs....ok so its not brilliant to an experienced carp angler.Are there any lakes i can fish that are easy in Cheshire.A guy i was fishing with told me an easy carp lake was Roman lakes near Stockport.

Could any of you kind carpers please tell me where i can get sufix mono for a bargain

N

Nick Austin

I would disagree, a nine and a half pound fish IS a good fish....
when i first started carping about 3 years ago i was reading mags which showed big fish, and PROS usin BIG RIGS to catch them, so thats what i did!....i didn't catch much.....and it took a while to catch anything in waters other than VERY COMMERCIAL carp pools....i had to learn..scaled down.....took my time.....now i consider myself an OK carp angler.....but i still think nine and a half pounds is nice....most carp fisherman arn't catching 30lb'ers week in weekout, as the fishing media would have you believe!

D

Dave Rothery

fair enough nick, but yately car park is a million miles away from the average commercial water....

N

Nick Austin

ye exactly what i'm saying.......Lucky i live in READING!....merely trying to agree with the folks that suggest yately isn't the ideal water to tackle if you want a confidence boost is it......

M

michael rouse

Have any of you fished the carpark lake and caught.iv seen lots of big carp on the net and it states that there are smaller ones in there.

is anyone a member of the Prince Albert Angling Society

D

Dave Rothery

no i haven't. its a syndicate with a waiting list in operation(i believe). there aarent lots of carp in there, and the smaller fish are just as hard to catch as the bigger fish. you dont mean the pads lake do you?

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

Yateley Syndicate Lakes
Yateley, Hampshire
Between them the North and Car Park Lakes at Yateley currently offer two 50lb. carp, four over 40lb. and several good thirties. The Yateley syndicate is the undisputed cream of British carp angling, there is simply none better.

But supposedly a very difficult water

S

Stu Black

Michael, the carpark lake contains very few fish for the size of lake, also its been fished very hard for over 20 years by some of the biggest names in carp fishing. I read an article recently about someone doing 87 night sessions for 3 fish, and thats not bad going! Its definitely not a lake to learn on! You need a water where you can catch regularly and learn their habits