breadcrumb

• Thread starter Simon Hume-Spry
  • Start date
S

Simon Hume-Spry

ime paying ?16 for a 20kg bag of breadcrumb from dynamite baits how can i make my own is it as simple as drying and crushing your own

B

Budgie Burgess

When I was doing a lot of big bream fishing I was also unemployed due to an accident.This meant that money was tight and due to the massive ammounts of feed I was using decided to make my own.With normal household kitchen equipment it takes FOREVER!!!.It is a shame as you can get trays of stale bread very cheap,sometimes for free.I was lucky enough to have a friend who worked in an Army cookhouse.For a pint or two he used to supply me bread crumb by the bin full.I used to (and still do) make this go further by adding Layers Mash which is cheap and available from any animal feed'pet food supplier.It is very fine so does not "over feed" like wheat/corn/maize etc.Another friend of mine struck a deal with his local bakery where they would dry out and crumb any left over bread in return for a couple of trout a month!

D

Dave Rothery

any nice local bakers will normally give it for free

S

Simon Hume-Spry

nice one lads what is layers mash and whats it made of?

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

Barley, Wheat, Meat & Bone Meal, Fish Meal, Soya Bean Meal, Limestone, Salt, Vegetable oil.

R

Ron (Rontroversial) Clay

Me dad used to feed it to our Rhodies when we had the farm.

I used to pinch to odd bit of it for groundbait way back when.

I can still taste the eggs those Rhodie hens layed.

Why can't you get a decent egg these days?

F

Fred Bonney

Louth market, there's a stall, free range,rare breeds.Large ?1.80 a doz,bootiful.
Let me know when your next at Sutton Ron,I'll bring you a dozen.