River Annan, Scotland

G

Gary Knowles

Here I go again asking for help.

New Year. I’m looking at taking the wife and kids (and dog) away for a couple of nights. I’m looking for reasonably priced, but nice accommodation (got to keep the wife happy!), close to, or preferably on the bank of the River Annan. Where I can chub fish during the day and get pissed in a nice Scottish boozer at night.

Anyone any ideas or recommendations?

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

Tel: 44+ 01683 220013
Fax: 44+01683 221395

Annandale Arms Hotel, High Street Moffat, DG10 9HF

Family Rooms From ?80 per night including full Scottish breakfast

DOG ALLOWED.

Red House Hotel, Wamphray, Moffat, DG10 9NF. This has been a fishing hotel for many years. It's about 200 yards from the Annandale Estates five miles of fishing on the Annan and about halfway between the Upper Annandale Anglers two four mile beats.

Fishing available 600 yards away on the River Annan. Birdwatching (scottish slappers are common) and hillwalking a few minutes drive away. Central heating, garden for guests (complete with fly casting lawn!!!). Fully licensed, lounge, bar for northern monkey piss heads, ample off road parking.

Phone 01576 470470

G

Gary Knowles

"DOG ALLOWED"...you met the wife then Wol ?

Ta mate. Fancy it ?

W

LMAO, i was gonna put something in that order!!!

Actually, believe it or not, she (Alex, the ova arf) is on about going up there for New Year, kin hell, imagine it, you n me on the piss wiv a load strange talking jocks then up at 6 on a cold frosty morning to go fishing, Hmmmmmmmmmmm!

W

Can see it now, staggering down to river, bottle of scotch each and you wiv a splif the size of a carrot hanging out ya gob.

G

Gary Knowles

"Size of a carrot?"...must be half finished then !!!

D

Duncan Kellett

Right,

Firstly to catch chub on the Annan you?ll have to change your habits, I would estimate that 80% of the chub on the Annan are caught after dark ? well after dark nearer midnight than the darkening.

The Olde Years Nicht is a quite affair ? not a lot of slappers (unlike pigeons were its flappers).

The Red House is my local; we will no doubt have a celiad in the village hall on Olde Years Nicht ? a grand nicht will be had.

Seriously ? the ?House? is well up the river ? some good grayling to be had but no chub, For the chub you have to be nearer Lochmaben and the only beat open would be Anthony Steele?s ? Kirkwood Beat.

Derek Wilson is the Landlord at the ?House?? he?s a good guy (have to say that he?s just putting my double glazing in)

However if you want a good time and keep the wife?s happy it?s certainly worth the trip.

As I said I live on the Annan an dif you want any info please e-mial me and I will Exchange Phone No?s for a 1 to 1

TTFN
Duncan

W

Duncan, was it you i sent them Retention System's to in bonny scotland?

A

Andy Nellist

Woz confirm with them that you can take the dog for free and I'll bring a hair dryer for your curry :eek:)

W

LMAO, ok.

Oi, dont broadcast that on here.

D

Duncan Kellett

Warren,

Yep you sent the retention system to me.

Good bit of kit and ideal for my use.

Have you made the larger one yet?

Gary - if you want info on the Annan please contact.

TTFN

Duncan