Great Stuff

• Thread starter Ron (Rontroversial) Clay
  • Start date
R

Ron (Rontroversial) Clay

Many years ago I spent a weekend alone, carp fishing by the side of Vaal Dam.

I pitched my little tent next to the water, cast out two rods, each baited with sweetcorn, and up pitched June Basset.

She was a member of the same club and on a recent evening get together she grabbed me and said how she would love to spend a weekend carp fishing alone by Vaal Dam.

Oh dear, I was married at the time and all I can say is that it happend a long time ago.

B

Budgie Burgess

Were you fully functional in the trouser department then Ron?

A

Andy Nellist

Ron was obviously working on an early version of "A Passion for Angling"

J

John Pleasance

June Basset? Was she a bit of a dog?

....and does she know you are besmirching her reputation on the internet?

W

Willie Russell

At least you were both members of the same club. How about a break-down of the tackle you used Ron?

B

Budgie Burgess

I can see it now June Bassetts kiss and tell expose in the Star "My wild night of passion with angling and radio personality"or of course the good old Sun with "Randy Rontroversial Romped me in Ruwanda with his Raunching Rod" The mind boggles.Cor its like sumat out of a Wilbur Smith novel..."The Vundu feeds at night" a tale of one mans battle with the wild,sex,and blue soap for bait.Did you send her any flowers or chocholates mate?

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Ron: "Does thee do a turn lass?"
June: "I do all sorts Ron."

Gedit?

C

Cakey

I have heard the term "tackle tart" and wondered what it meant.

A

Anne Teak

Its such a shame you don't like carp fishing any more ronnie.

D

Dave Slater

Willie,
Are you sure you want to see details of Ron's tackle in print ???

W

Willie Russell

Sure am Dave, it's the little things that count. For instance, did the rod in question have a nice progressive action, with plenty of power low down and a tip with the sensitivity to register the shyest of bites. Or was it an early version of a 'Porky Pig' you were using back then, Oh Ron of the Roving Rod?

Oh how we laughed!