Carp shelters

A

Alex Comton

Hello all,

I am looking to by a half decent shelter for under ?200. Ideally it should have the option of a groundsheet and over-warp but must be really solid as I have a fear of high winds! I have looked at the ' fox evolution Brolly ' which looks good or Ive seent the 'Wynchwood SPD shelter ' for ?180. Any advice?

Cheers

ian hewett

Reaction score
I use a Profile its a great bit of kit you dont have the doors like a bivvy but I make up for that with a really good bag. No groundsheet but do you need one?. To me its just more weight important if you walk miles to your fishing. Its horses for courses think about your type of angling and what fits in but if its alot of moving then think about weight. Also not having the doors you can keep an eye on the water.

L

Les Clark

You can get door`s for the profile,but it will cost the same as the profile,and will make it a bit claustrophobic,but you don`t need it,with the wind behind it,or even side on,it wont take off,a good bit of gear.

C

Cakey

Me and Wol got a jrc stealth system each and they are the bolloxs ,comes with ground sheet ,zip in front panel,loads of pegs,the gutter system works superb,?139 but shop around ,got mine for 125.

C

Cakey

piss off thrush ,what condensation ?

anyway who spelt it for you ?

L

Les Clark

That`s the only problem if you have`nt got the panel`s,condensation,but I use a army poncho as a bed cover,no problem.

C

Cakey

Les you got between me and thrush so now that makes us all tarts !