Predator Fishing

Simon Clews

Reaction score
What equipment should I get to start predator fishing? Also could I use a spinner on a 10ft match rod? The reason I ask is that at the end of a session today we tied a spinner to my 5lb line on my 10ft match rod (happens to be my only rod) and casted out. It was great fun and want to get into predator fishing more now.

Richard Farrow

Reaction score
If you are predator fishing always use a wire trace, don't attach the spinner to the nylon directly. Also your 10ft match rod won't be a lot of good if you hit a Pike of any size. It will handle Jacks and Perch but is not suitable for Piking.
You may be better off asking for advice on a basic set of predator tackle on the predator site.

B

Budgie Burgess

If you want to start predator fishing find an experienced angler to show you how.It will save you and the fish you catch a lot of trouble.Try contacting your local PAC Regional Organiser or ask your local tackle shop if they could put you in contact with any local pike or predator anglers.Find out if there are any teach ins being run by local clubs.