weed

Richard Farrow

Reaction score
Ask Roto, apparently he is a master at landing weed, according to undisclosed sources it even kited on a still water.

C

Cakey

I try not to fish anywhere with thick weed so im not much help ,sorry.

C

Cakey

Rammer

Julian Cundiff says "If one thing is guaranteed to hold carp for months its areas of thick weed growth.
Loved by carp and carp anglers alike,these areas are a magnet to both and one of your best bets on most waters.
For unknown reasons some carp anglers steer clear of weeds,but by doing so they cut down on their options some what.
Providing your tackle is sensible,your bait is placed in the appropiate spot and that you are alert ,you can land fish from such areas with regularity."

RAMMER BERT

Reaction score
thanks for the replys but what i need is some idear on how to fish in thick weed i have tried p.v.a bags but the hook is still coming back weedy ,iam useing 3.5 oz lead esp bags perfarated iam fishing zig rig style about 10 inchs straight off the lead the hook has a foam wigget and nash pva tape,but as yet i have blanted,the lake bed is pure silk weed,HELP!!

D

Dave Rothery

you hook would come back with weed on, as your reeling back thru it. i wouldnt worry, the fish'll find the bait - try a normal bottom bait.

RAMMER BERT

Reaction score
thanks dave i did wonder if the hook picked weed up on the retrive but needed reashoering,cheers