Instantaneous Carp

Sean Oakford

Reaction score
On the 27th of september i will be embarking on my first over night carp fishing trip. I have never fished the location before and seeing as it will be my 15th birthday I really want to catch a PB (over 8lb).It is a small lake but has lots of fish over 10lb and up to 45lb (so i am told). What would be the best way to approach the site and how would i fish it.

sean oakford

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
what rig do you normally use Sean? Have you had a walk round the venue to see whats doing what where? What baits are they currntly catching on? What rigs etc. The anglers who fish it will be able to give you a better start than us and the we'll just try and fill-in the gaps!

R

Roto Fryer

forget rigs and bait think location. you can buy a ready made rig and most of the good baits will work.
if there are no fish where you are fishing you will not catch

G

Gary Knowles

Try putting in loads and loads of paarticles. Anything will do Trout pellets, CSL, hemp, broken boilies, maggots, groats, partiblend, they aint fussy !!...and fish mini boilies over the top.

You'll catch mate. Carp love the particle approach. Maybe fish a method feeder over the top of it..

Good luck !

R

Roto Fryer

let none of us forget that the most important thing in fishing is LOCATION. find the fish first!

G

Gary Knowles

Roto,

I'd say that depends on the stocking density. In a typically heavilly sytocked water, in my experience, mass baiting with particles will draw them in. From anywhere !!!

Sean said it was a small lake with a lot of fish over 10lb

On a low stock density water I would agree though.

Murray Rogers

Reaction score
What chance has the kid got?

Sean, send that nice Mr. Dennis an e- mail an he will sort you out mate.

As for Barney and Roto, Tits springs to mind, but then they always do.

G

Gary Knowles

eh?

What's wrong with my advice?

It would be my first line of attack every time. And If my results when bream fishing are anything to go by, I'd say I'm a pretty good carper (if you know what I mean)

Tits do spring to mind though ;o)

A Wayne

Reaction score
When using a bolt Rig would a 1.5oz weight be enough to set the hook into the fishes mouth?

D

Dave Rothery

depends on the size of hook, how tough the fishes mouth is, slack lines or tight, silt, gravel or weed.............