floaters

M

michael rouse

iv heard that chum mixers are a good floater but i have also heard that every man and his dog uses them.i fish a commercial water and would like to try a bit of surface fishing.Could any of you fine carpers tell me what to use .

B

Barry Edney

..........or floating crust. You could use a spray flavour on it to give yourself an 'edge'. Artificial bread could also be worth a try. It takes a hook well, you can break it up to look like real flake and it takes flavours.

Also, have a look in the rigs library at The Bread Roll rig.

B

Budgie Burgess

"Try marsh mellow!"

Monk is this a more laid back version of marsh mallow?

C

Cakey

Try making some floating cake.
Start with your normal boilie mix, with your flavours etc but put double the number of eggs in.
pour into a baking tray and pop into oven ,gas mark 7 until cooked .
leave to cool and then cut into bits or break bits off which allow little bits to fall through the water.

lovely grub
GOOD ANGLING

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

Oi Wol says 'Good Angling' dont be nicking me lingo!

:eek:)

T

The Monk

yes it is Budgie
(no a lot of people know this)

marsh mallow is of course a manman sweet-type consistancy, which is good for floater fishing and comes in a variety of colours, white and pink being the more popular two. It becomes extremey sticky when water is added thus making it difficult for Mr Carp to eject the bait quickly.

Marsh Mellow (Marshious mellowis),on the other hand is a natural food source designed specifically by nature, an excellent suppliment to the carps dietary requirments, It normally germinates around the margins of marsh ground in the higher altitududes of the North Craven Fault (ca 1,500 above sea level), and is found in the roots of the Mellow Tree. Like magic mushrooms however, it is only found in the pre-noon period between the months of April and July, but sometimes as late as September on an exceptional crop.
Living usually in a shaded area the spores are usually chilled.

OK so I can`t spell!

R

Rodney Wrestt

OK so I can`t spell!

No but you can make up words and B*****t for England at olympic level :eek:)

T

The Monk

cheers Rodney mate, we can all but try!

Hows life treating you up North of the wall?

T

The Monk

Rodney, your pictures always do weired things, have you got some sort of bug on your computer?

M

michael rouse

marsh mellow.is there a specific type or can i just buy the ones in sweet shops .

J

John Pleasance

You're probably better off going to a supermarket for marshmallows,Tesco certainly do them,look in the "cooking ingredients" section.

Nothing wrong with chummies or bread though.

The bread roll rig works well when the light is going,you don't have to watch for takes just set the baitrunner or hang on to the rod at least.

T

The Monk

yes Michael, try the supermarkets, nothing wrong with chummies and bread as John says apart from the fact that everyone and his mate is using them of course.

R

Rodney Wrestt

Monk,
why, whats wrong with my picture? it took me a whole hour of blood sweat and singular finger prodding (ohhh errr missus)to get it just dull enough to prevent positive identification.

R

Rodney Wrestt

of me and the fish, they are camera shy and don't want their partners and families to see them in this sort of publication.

T

The Monk

I think your camera`s on Ellucinating drugs Rodney mate, certainly catches the eye though!

R

Rodney Wrestt

Now you mention it, I thought it was a spelling error made during the cosmetics process. On the back it says "press here to activate L.S.D. screen"

T

The Monk

I think it should read LCD, think your cameras been put together by a druggy

B

Budgie Burgess

Monk, tried the super market could not find marsh mellows in the flower department or marshmallows in the pick and mix but did come across some fine looking marsh marrows on the vegtable counter.How would you reccomend rigging these?