Old Tackle.

• Thread starter Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)
  • Start date
N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Its time I had a clear out of my old rods etc.

I remember reading about an organisation which wants old gear for disadvantaged kids to use.Anyone any details?

Kevan Martin

Reaction score
Nigel,

I can remember Keith Arthur saying something about this project on his TalkSport radio show a few weeks back. Drop him an email or call him on Saturday or Sunday morning between 6 and 8

L

Les Clark

Nigel,"Second chance" is a organisation for Disadvantaged kid`s,there is a website.

Kevan Martin

Reaction score
Nigel,

If you have any 'old' rods or reels by Allcocks/Hardy/James etc them let me know and I will make you an offer for them.

R

Ron (Rontroversial) Clay

Hi Nigel.

Those mullet really pull hey.

Second Chance would be an excellent place to send your old tackle.

C

Chris Bishop

It's based at the Bivvy Hospital, Cosham, Portsmouth - do a google search and you should find thei website.

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Kevan - Unfortunately they are not that old, just more modern rods etc for which I have got replacements over time.

Ron - good to meet you.I'm sorry that the fishing was a bit slow to say the least on the harbour but at least it wetted your appetite for next time when hopefully the mullet might co-operate a bit more!I agree it would be a good idea to do a bit more reading into tactics as perhaps just trotting/laying on with bread might not work all the time.I suspect though that there were very few fish in front of us at any stage.I'm glad Peter got one though.

Chris/Les - I'll make contact with Second Chance as suggested.Thanks.