Insurance!

L

Les Clark

David,Ive insured mine on my house insurance ,it`s covered away from the house up to the value of ?5000,but you have to be over 50,it`s on saga.

R

Ron (Rontroversial) Clay

I have combined all my insurance, both car and home contents with Lloyds TSB my bank.

Got a good deal. My car costs ?165.00 a year fully comp.

I can prove 38 years no claims... :eek:)

Richard Farrow

Reaction score
Most insurance companies will have contents policies whereby you can add what is called All Risks or Personal Possessions cover. This cover will give all risks cover on a wide range of things fishing gear, cameras, binoculars, jewellery etc. It is often cheaper to combine house, contents and all risks cover under one policy as you get multi module discounts. Please shop round and if necessary ask for a specimen wording of the policy so that you can check the cover is what you want. The typical excess is ?50. Be warned however that claims of tackle from cars left unattended have been rejected by some companies on the basis of negligence or undue care and attention. As I said do shop round as a company that is competive in one area might not be so competetive in another. Contact your existing insurance company to see what they can offer or contact a reputable broker. I hope this has been of some help to you.

A

Andy Nellist

I've got mine on my contents but it doesn't cover theft from the car.

J

John Hepworth

I take it that the 38 years N.C.B. does not include the odd rogue elephant trashing your car then Ron.

Has anyone had the same problem as my club with public liability insurance. The quotes that we have had from the few companies that will now take on this type of cover are over ten times what we paid last year, and that is for less cover. As far as I know the club has never claimed on the policy

Kiwi Carper

Reaction score
I never found getting cover for my gear a problem in the UK but make sure it is covered for specifics.....i used to ask will it be covered stored in the garden shed? "yes you are covered for 500 pounds in any outbuilding" blah blah its hard to convince someone you store 15grand of gear in a shed but thats why you pay insurance.....If they said it was covered I used to ask for it in writing to confirm that fact specifically for tackle in an outbuilding (some companies do not classify between outbuildings and the main building) but again confirmation in writing can save a lot of heartache.....

I had a strange addition to my last policy in the UK my gear was covered for theft away from the home if I left it on the bank to nip to shops etc but wasnt covered for theft if I was with it and got it stolen while I was lokking after it....seemed a bit starnge to me LOL

I rember my "Match Holdall" going missing I was driving from Portsmouth home to Glasgow Id been on the road about an hour stuck in traffic and the wife rings me and said "you know the blue rod holdall" Yes I said "was it in the shed???" Yes I said "Oh she says then it must have been stolen.........Im glad I didnt have a crash or get cut up on the motorway I could of killed someone (anyone) though looking back on it when the courrier arrived with all my new rods and poles bank sticks brolly etc etc it was like being 5 at Xmas all over again .

L

Les Clark

There`s no way I would leave my gear in the shed,too dodgy.

Kiwi Carper

Reaction score
Thats what you pay insurance for Les
Its like paying extra to leave your car in a secure carpark when you go on holiday.....its insured so who cares.

L

Les Clark

Kiwi,too much hassel mate,apart from that,a shed is a invite,don`t mind if they nick the lawnmower.

Kiwi Carper

Reaction score
i know what you mean Les but I couldnt fit my gear in the house.

Two match rod bags, net bags carryalls box etc etc
Carp Gear
Pike Gear
Filing Cabinet full of odds and ends you know the stuff you keep cos it will come in handy (but doesnt for at least the last 20 yrs)
All my sea fishing gear......

I would of needed a bigger house LOL

Im not sure I would of been so keen if Id not lived in a small village in Scotland

The annoying thing is the holdall I got knicked was probably mistaken for a set of skis and thrown in a bush somewhere, I pretty much knew all the match anglers in Scotland so I would of soon spotted my gear turning up.....

L

Les Clark

Kiwi, I use what`s called the "dineing" room,two frezzer`s carp gear,pike gear,all sort`s,a bit of a job to get in to,but anyone get`s in there would break their neck,provideing that I didn`t get to them first.