Getting Tubing On

• Thread starter Sir Steven Blanksalot
  • Start date
S

Sir Steven Blanksalot

Hi, I have always struggled getting anti-tangle tubing down my mainline, especially on the lower diameter main lines. I have just read an article on the forum and it says something about using a pole threader, what is a pole threader and how do you use one, and does it make putting tubing on easier?
Cheers

M

Mark Spod

A pole threader is a long piece of then wire with a loop in one end, pass the wire down the tubing then just before pulling the loop into the tubing put your line through the loop then contiue to pull thethreader through, thus bringing your line with it. It will take you about 10 secounds to do. You can get them at any tackle shop (about ?2.50) they are normally found in the pole fishing section. No doubt one day the tackle shops will realise Carp anglers have a use for them,then they will be ?7.50

C

Cakey

Gardener tackle do a tubing threader ,had one for years now.

S

Silver Fish

Not tried the pole threaders, I thought they were a bit thick for dragging heavy leaders through. Anyway I make my own threaders from Drennan trace wire. Cut a 5ft piece of 7 strand (or similar)pike trace and double it then make a crease at the bend. If you thread this through using the 2 loose ends first it flies though even very thin walled tube. I keep one length ready rolled for use, but keep the wire spool in my tackle box cos I always lose em (bit like baiting needles!!)

A Wayne

Reaction score
Couldn't you just tie a loop in it and use a fine hair needle?

M

Mark Spod

A Wayne you'd need a very thin 12" - 15" baiting needle mate :)

A Wayne

Reaction score
Like a Drenna Extra Fine one for instance, which is the one I use most of the time?