Fishing chairs

Richard Farrow

Reaction score
I am looking for a fishing chair in the ?50 to ?70 range. I looked at and tried the Fox stalker on Saturday but couldn't get really comfy on it. I wanted to try JRC defender recliner (recommended by Wol) but shop I went to didn't have one in stock. Chap in the shop said JRC very comfy and he sometimes curls up on that overnight rather than lug bedchair around. Another angler I must add, not the shop owner.
If people have either of these chairs would you please forward an appraisal, good and bad points, plus any other suggestions with further info much appreciated.

D

Dave Slater

Richard,
I have had my Chub Trent for a few years and am completely happy with it. The locking system for the legs is great for the roving angler. The chair has had some serious abuse and is still going strong. If considering this chair I would buy the mudfeet and leave them on permanently, as I have done on mine, as the feet that come with the chair are not very good. The chair plus meufeet would come within your price range. It is a fairly light chair, comfortable and easy to carry.

G

goff dyer

Richard have a look at the Fishrite Challenger Recliner, it has been reviewed on here.
We have two of them excellent bit of kit.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
The editorial review is here: <a href=http://www.fishingmagic.com/news/article.asp?SP=&v=1&UAN=2266>Fishrite Recliner</a>.

At the bottom of the article you'll find links to the user review section, so those of you who have one of these chairs why don't you do your own review in that section? This will be a great help to those who are looking for this kind of information.

Richard Plume

Reaction score
I have a JRC Terry Hearn lghtwieght chair, easy to carry around and pretty comfy to sit on to! Oh and they are only ?39.99!

Richard Farrow

Reaction score
Thanks for the input so far gents. Any more input from anyone else. Does anyone actually have JRC defender recliner.

G

Geoff Cowen

I also have the Terry Hearn Recliner chair and for ?39.99 it's a bargain. I folds nice and flat and is comfy.

G

Gary Knowles

Richard,

I' had a Fox chair and now I have a JRC (the one with the extended back - is that the defender?) and now have a Fishrire recliner.

The Fishrite is the lightest and the most comfortable....