Fishing Nemesis

Stealph Viper

Reaction score
Do you have a Fishing Nemesis ?

What would you like to improve on with regards to you're own fishing ?

My Nemesis in regards to fishing has always been a serious lack of confidence in my abilities to confidently fish a Waggler on Still Waters.
It comes from being self taught and not really knowing whether or not i am doing it correctly.

Anyway, what are your Nemesis's when it comes to fishing, it may not be techniques, it may be knots or tying hooks or not wanting to try new techniques etc etc.

Write it down and you may just get a reply detailing you on how to correct or fix your problem, if nothing else you can just document it on here.

Stealph Viper

Reaction score
Wobbly,

I used to be the same, but, i found it easier to learn by using big hooks, and thicker line first.

I can't get to grips with using the Drennan Hook Tier, but, i do use the Black Matchman Hook Tier, but as a tip, don't use the instructions inside the packet, they're rubbish LOL

jcp01

Reaction score
Casters. Cannot get to grips with them, never have caught a single fish on them used alone!

Not that I haven't tried, believe me. Last time I gave them a go I fed the canal swim exactly as I was advised, waited patiently, and then when the bites eventually came they were so fast I missed them and then the fish buggered off and never came back after that. Experiences like that don't give me confidence to try again.

I see other people have the same problem with breadflake and lobworms, whereas I am a complete believer and have utter faith in both...

Stealph Viper

Reaction score
I had similar problems with Sweetcorn, but i persevered and eventually caught on them, i always carry some with me now, i don't always catch on them though.

How do you hook your casters, i hook mine the same as i hook a maggot, i am to heavy handed to bury the hook inside them without them bursting everywhere.

---------- Post added at 17:24 ---------- Previous post was at 17:24 ----------

superb ...best ride ive ever been on

Alton towers ??

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
You only need bury the hook into a caster when bites are delicate, as they were sometimes on the Trent in winter. Otherwise, hook them as you would a maggot.

The Scarlet Maggot

Reaction score
My Nemesis in regards to fishing has always been a serious lack of confidence in my abilities to confidently fish a Waggler on Still Waters.
It comes from being self taught and not really knowing whether or not i am doing it correctly.

Quiver tip… For more or less the same reasons as your still water waggler fishing…

Neneman Nick

Reaction score
Stick float fishing and selection of float for the differing conditions etc..... never really got to grips with that but would really like to rectify that situation,come next season.
Fishing with chubber style floats etc... no problems with that !!!

One other thing i never really got to grips with,was lure fishing with shad type baits.Sure,any old fool can just cast one in and just simply wind it back and hey bingo !
It was the jigging and making it more enticing to an intrested fish that always got me.
I even brought shads and tried them once,caught ****** all and totally discounted the method and goit rid of them.
I was persuaded to give the method another crack by a couple of friends from the lure anglers society and last sunday,we three were fishing a canal close to me hoping for some perch.I was trying shads and had all the help,advice and encouragement i needed.
I didn`t catch a perch but caught a lovely pike of about 5lbs or so on a jerkin` minnow shad.
I had planned to do an article about my shad fishing experiences but i`m without transport again due to the car being pinched and written off and i`m on a bit of a downer cos of it,so we will see what happens.

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
My Nemesis? Easy really, no contest...

...John Colegate Jnr - circa 1963 to 1971. I mean it's not that I'm mentally scarred or anything. It's only 40+ years ago and it was only the clubs Junior Championship and I beat him many times off the next peg but the overall Championship always, but always eluded me! Runner up year after year to Johnny Colegate Junior, never did get my name on that trophy!

He was a damn good angler tho!

:D