Good fishing dvds

Matthew Nightingale (ACA)

Reaction score
When the weathers c**p or I've got work to do I like to stick a fishing DVD on the box. Not got many other than some John Wilson freebies from the Telegraph and a couple of freebies from IYCF. Used to have 'Passion for Angling' on VHS but it isn't available on DVD.

Can you recommend any good DVDs? Ideally based on UK fishing rather than anything exotic.

Barney 2

Reaction score
I recently got Passion on DVD via the above link from Wild Wise Ltd. I don't think it took longer than two weeks to receive my copy. Got my eye on Caught in Time next, the trailer looks really good...

Stick_Float

Reaction score
Catching the Impossible, whilst not quite as good as passion, is excellent. I've got the boxset and it keeps me occupied for a few hours - all you want to do is go fishing after watching it.

Wobbly Face (As Per Ed)

Reaction score
Improve Your Coarse fishing with Kev Green on double DVD, available from onlinefishing.tv

Also enjoy The Compleat Angler with Geoffrey Palmer and Ray Borras, realtimetv. co.uk
And the old classic Rod & Line, Arthur Ransome, pressented by Michael Hordern, beckmandirect.com.

Neneman Nick

Reaction score
If you pop into your local pound land shop,you often find fishing dvd`s as well.Some of them are old,as far as tackle and packaging is concearned but some of the techniques are still relevant.
Also,have you tried obtaining the free dvd`s found in tackle shops by korda and now nash???
i have also ordered free ones from hinders of swindon and i believe fox are releasing one as well???
Ok i`m no specimen carp angler but some of the tackle,bait and techniques can be applied to other species.

Last edited:

will spencer

Reaction score
the andy findlay dvds that dave wesson has produced ain't too bad.findlay is no natural presenter but don't let that put you off,he does his best to explain what he's doing and why he's doing it.

Paul Boote

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Or, hey, just give a big kiss-off to the provider- and media-driven-, down-period, -fishy dependency, and just go out and do it. Good for YOU, not so good for some...

Colin Brett

Reaction score
Get yourself the "Angling Experience" a series of 4 documentaries on Mayfly, Spring Salmon, Grilse and Pike in Ireland.
Check out www.irelandstraditionalcrafts.comhands.htm sadly they are a bit pricy, but are not mass marketed [costs higher!!]
Superb bit of angling skill in the Pike film by a very very talented angler:wh:wh:wh