Can it be done?

• Thread starter Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt
  • Start date
W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

I have an pic of a fish, nice shot, all in focus, fill in flash, but the fish itself is a tad too dark. Can i take it into a professional photo shop and have it lightened up from the negs without ruining it?

D

Dave Rothery

yeah. if you know anyone with photoshop they could do it, just need a decent photo scanner. probably find even jessops could do it if your nice to the computer bloke.

C

Chris Bishop

You can do it with the levels in Photoshop or any other decent image editing package, just get it scanned in and e-mail it to someone who's got one if you haven't.

I'll have a go if it's urgent and no-one else is handy.

Flash is a nightmare with lighter-bodied/silver fish as the reflection can flare and over-expose.

Darker-bodied fish/areas can come out under-exposed if the camera uses TTL flash metering.

If it has a matrix metering mode that works with flash try that as it'll take more of an average over the whole subject.

Some cameras assume you'll be doing pics of people with flash/fill-in and base the exposure on getting the flesh tone right.

You could also bracket and do three or four different exposures in half stop increments with slide film if you can adjust the aperture manually.

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

Cheers for the offer Chris but i'll pop down to the local photo shop today and see if they can sort it. Its a tench and i think its what u mentioned 'under-exposed if the camera uses TTL flash metering' but i'm sure it can be sorted.

C

Chris Bishop

Turn it into a carrot mate..? That would go down well in the Fens.

"Looky here a thiss root vedgetabable oi cort lass night Clunch.
"I fort that don' feel like no poike when I struck and sureenuff e was a carrit..."