the source boilies

K

Ken Stevens

ive just got myself a stock of the dynamite source boilies 15mm pop-ups and 10,15 and 20 mm boilies and the dip as anyone tried these on any of the lakes in hertfordshire or anywhere else
and what are your views on this bait many thanks ken

D

Dave Rothery

great bait, its also "properly" priced compared to some of the others. the pop ups are also good because they are normal base-mix that has cork in them - so taste like a normal bait - rather than a flavoured pop-up mix.

Wes w

Reaction score
exellent bait! caught me one today when everyone else blanked.

M

michael rouse

some one i was fishing with had a run after it being in the water dor about 15 seconds.

K

Ken Stevens

thanks everyone for your input i plan to try them for myself on wednesday i post on here how i get on

K

Ken Stevens

yes a good bait caught me 3 on wednesday an 11 lb 11 1/2 lb and a 16 lb when every one else on the lake was finding it hard going and it was in a swim i have never fished before the swim just looked good a small bay with a few reeds in and gently breeze blowing into it i will fish it again soon to see if it is a good holding spot it's the kind of swim most people would not give a secound look as it is only about 20 ft by 20 ft bay

D

Dave Rothery

bait doesn't really matter.......first find the fish...

R

Rodney Wrestt

Well said Dave, they will eat any bait if fished in the right spot......it's finding the 'spot' that counts.

M

michael rouse

they seem to lose flavour after 15 minutes in water.

D

Dave Rothery

thats the general idea, michael. read a few books about bait formulation. carp dont smell in the same way we do.

A Wayne

Reaction score
I left mine in Hemp water for 2 days, after a while they stop smelling but ooze this kinda red water into the juice.

J

jim turner

me and a friend used to change between boilies regulary, we tried using 15mm and 18mm the source boilies. on our first couple of sessions they were the only baits to catch, but on our 3rd trip we caught the smaller of the two ghost carp at 13lb 6oz and one of the larger mirrors in the lake at 20lbs 1oz, we still use other boilies for other situations but the do seem to have the edge for us.... at the moment..

N

Nick Austin

I wonder if Terry Hearn uses em?....really?

I do!....readmades, homemades, and the glug which has just got such a rich "meaty" smell to it....

As a note, the glug is great for soaking a decent sized hi-betain pellet in too!

J

jason fisher

being meaty i wonder if they'd work for chub and barble

Baz Green

Reaction score
Have just read an article on another site regarding the source that the freezer/fresh boilies are too soft and a lot of anglers are concerned they are not staying on the hair.

They recommend using shelf life instead.

Anyone here got any comments?

Thanks

Baz

A Wayne

Reaction score
I always use Shelf-life boilies anyway, just my personal preference.

O

Olly Holcombe

The eels love 'em in my water and it actually took me a few wasted sessions to realise the eels were just biting them straight off the hair without an indication.
Back to the ready-mades!