Maver dual core elastic

david hudson

Reaction score
First post on the site so please be gentle.
I have just got back into fishing after a break of about 8 years or so and decided to get a pole. I know need to get it elasticated, I am thinking of using the 2 Maver dual core elastics in my 2 top 3 sections. My local shop doesnt have it in stock and i havent been able to find anywhere online. Anyone know of any online stockists who may be able to help (I have checked all the dealers on the nav bar)?

Phil Gilleard

Reaction score
Try Bennetts of Sheffield, I have found them very good, www.bosfish.co.uk.
I have not used the Maver elastic but I have landed carp to 17lb 12oz on the Drennan hollow core Pink(14-16)

W

Wolfman Woody

David, I am always a bit suspicious of some of the new developments in pole techniques, I think they are trying to get more emoney out of you. Try breaking a size 12 - it's hard!!!

Why not try standard elastic first and find out what size of fish you are going to encounter? I use 10 max, but then I am only trying for fish up to 10 lbs, above that I get the carp rods out. A mate had a 16lb-er once on a no.8 and it took him 20 minutes to land it, but it couldn't go anywhere as the pond was so small.

Keith Arthur reckoned, once, to cut the tip extra wide and double the elastic all through. I just double up the last 1 foot - 2 feet depending on whether it's running through 2 or 3 sections.

W

Wolfman Woody

Another tip is: if the fish goes on a hard run, stick the pole tip under water. The fish comes back, some say because of the extra pressure of the water against the pole. I think it's because the fish objects to being pulled upwards out of the water, but not through the water.

I'll take criticism on that last point, but it does work.