The FM Charity Event at Selby

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
Dear All, it is with a heavy heart that I must confess to only just getting round to have opened the tin and put forward the results for the FM Charity event held at Selby earlier this year. The reason for the delay was down to a few major personal issues which those of you close to me would know the complete ?inns and out?s? of. I?m not prepared to go into great detail here, but before I post up what was raised I would like to thank everyone who wrote to me with their comments of support through what can only be classed as a minor mental break-down. In particular I would like to thank Cakey and Wol for continually looking out for me and for getting me strong again through their relentless sense of humour and kind words, I?d likie to thank Graham for his comments and support along the way and last but not east I?d like to thank my mate Roto for taking me through the legal conundrums on a stage by stage basis. With regard to direction and advice and making me think more clearly throughout my ordeal, Roto put me straight from the beginning and for that I?m eternally grateful. It must be said that although Roto and myself will continuously be at each others throats through playful competition, when push comes to shove, he was there for me.

So, here goes; The cheques and cash have now all gone off to Doug at Second Chance with an update report as follows:

With the hard work and effort of everyone who attended we managed to raise ?3946.50 before deductions, this consisted of up front fees, sponsorship, raffle and auction. Deductions from te event included the following. Since I have had no access to my old PC via legal reasons, I am running approximate amounts.

?450 for the venue
?200 for food, BBQ and catering
?200 for booze and bits and bobs
?200 for trophies

After the above deductions we were left with ?2896.50. Unfortunately ?1500 of this amount raised was sponsored by corporates associated to my old company and to date due to legal reasons of my own personal circumstances I am currently in dispute via the courts. I will however endeavour to chase this as and where I can and wil of course forward to Second Chance if I get lucky. In the meantime the balance (collected to date) after all deductions amounts to ?1396.50 and this was forwarded to Doug at Second Chance this morning.

Well done to all involved and as stated, I?ll keep plugging away at my end.

PS ? I will be sending you a personal email later today Richard Farrow.

F

Fred Bonney

Well done to all who attended Selby a great show for the charity.
Stewart,I can only surmise what you have gone through personally,but good luck with your continued recovery and for the future.

S

Stu Black

Stu, well done with everything mate! I've sent a couple of emails to the address i had, I guess now you never saw them, rather than you do actually really hate me..

R

Roto Fryer

?1396.50 is still a good shout.
well done lads and lasses

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

Good stuff.

The kind words weren't meant for you and the humour was aimed at ya big boy!

Roto a mate? Stu, you need therapy!

Oh and erm, erm , Roto mate, will be round to pick the bivvy up tomorrow.

Waaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

C

Cakey

Good stuff.

The kind words weren't meant for you and the humour was aimed at ya big boy!

Roto a mate? Stu, you need therapy!

Oh and erm, erm , Roto mate, will be round to pick the bivvy up tomorrow.

Waaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

R

Ron Troversial Clay

What a shame I could never make this great occasion due to illness.

Have another one and I'll be there.

A

Alan Roe

Stuart what you and achieved was remarkable and a good weekend was had by all.
I'm sorry to hear of your difficulties and I hope that they are resolved swiftly.
If I can assist in any way with a similar venture just give me a shout.
Cheers
Alan

M

Malcolm Bason

A big pat on the back from me to all concerned in raising a superb amount to a very worthy cause. Particulary a big well done to Stuart for his sterling efforts.

I hope to be there on the next one????

D

Dave Rothery

Great success mate after some of the stick you took at the start!

W

Wendy Perry

stu i'd like to thank you as well for looking after me when we were at Selby i had a great time and look forward to next year's .Infact everyone was fantastic with me you are a great gang and i couldn't have wished to spend the night with anyone other than yourselves.

I hope everything is ok now Stu

Wend
xxxxx

S

Stuart Bullard

Glad to hear you were looked after by WOL et al, although heaven knows what thyat entailed !

I did keep my end up by continuing to call you a loud fat bas*!*&d on most of the forum threads, even though you were "away".......I thought it would make you feel at home!

.......and go get the buggers!

G

Gary Knowles

apart from I hope everything works out OK for you in the end mate...