bivvies

M

michael rouse

mmmmmmmmmmm chrimbo is nearly here and i want a bivvy for some night sessions.im looking for an easy erect and fairly lightweight one(easy to carry).The fox frontier classic has had good reviews but are there any better/cheaper bivvies out there that would suit a night/short session angler.

i refuse to buy the camoflague ones...am i right or wrong?

G

gary smith

Hi Michael
I just got myself a new bivvy. The JRC Roamer Dome with the winter skin it takes be about 5 mins to put up and there is lots of room inside it. The cost of the bivvy is ?100 with the winter skin so good value for money.
Regards
Crazycarper1

M

michael rouse

i watched carp show on sky and it reviewed the jrc something dome or bivvy.it reviewed it as quite bulky to carry which put me off and wasnt very stable .is this true?over this it looked good and i will bear t in mind when buying a bivvy.

thanks.

M

michael rouse

i changed my mind......instead of recommending bivvies can u recommend umbrellas.

D

Dave Rothery

you sure this time? i read in carp talk bivvies were better.

M

michael rouse

Dave.today i tried erecting a nash viper bivvy and it was difficult.ok so it may look good and warm but umbrellas/shelters can have front units put on.I tried a trakker umbrella and it was massive and took under 30 seconds to put up.

D

Dave Rothery

you've got to buy camo bivvies as it'll confuse the fish - they'll wonder where all the loud music/shouting/mobile phone rings are coming from.

M

michael rouse

why .whats the point.the fish isnt going to think hes in a camoflague bivvy lets eat his bait.

D

Dave Rothery

he wont know your in a camo bivvy cos he cant see you...

D

Dave Rothery

you need a grass camo, gravel camo (for gravel swims, a few beer cans wouldn't go amiss) and a muddy brown on for winter.

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

and a camo head in case it sticks up over the top of the net....

....seriously though I knew a guy who painted his rods camo and lost them in the reeds and then got a camo suit and is still trying to find himself.......that was 14 years ago ...

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

.....all you can hear at the lake is a voice shouting " Where am I"

D

Dave Rothery

camo's rubbish. i was walking up and down the high street and everyone could see me.