Spod rods

A

Andy King

hi ya,
I just come back from a rmc junior fish in and i shown how to use a spod and marker float. i want to get my self a spod and spod rod, i was wondering if anyone has any suggestions? Im looking at the price range of around ?100.
Cheers
Andy K

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
Andy, the ones to get are the exact same as me and roto, but im at work and for the life of me can't remember the name! I've mailed roto who should have the name to hand.

Roto?

But they both come in well under ?100 each anyways.

D

Dave Rothery

i use a bruce ashby rocketeer - a little bit more expensive (about ?130) excellent rod, had it for about 5 years now. why not use a light beachcaster, you'll be able to get the rod, reel and a few spods for well under ?100

R

Roto Fryer

the ones to go for are the greys spod & marker rods. they are superb to use and come with a lifetime guarantee

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
Thats it Greys, lt me know if you want me to put u in touch with the supplier to get you a discount.

S

Steve Ayscough

I've been using a fox spod rod for a while & have found no problems with it. If you shop around you can find some serious discount on them

C

Chris Betts

I have used the Trevs own brand spod rods for years. I had a mark one which is ideal for small spods, and for people just starting to spod. This is going spare if anyone wants it. I then upgraded to the mark two which covers all my spodding needs now. Both rods have a superb through action, which allows you to really lob the spod along way. They have never let me down.

The one peice of advice I can offer is don't go for some sort of animal spod rod when you first start, learn to do it properly first before you start trying to lob out 8 to 10oz spods.