Strange But True...

S

Stewart Bloor

News has just broken of a rather bizarre incident that is sure to shake the tackle industry to the core. If it proves to be true, surely it will be the end for tackle shops.
Mr Proil Lofa, was fishing a contest on the Grand Union canal in London this weekend. He drew a nice looking swim and he soon began to catch decent sized roach, perch and bream. However, at this point he realised that he had only brought 1/2 pint of maggots with him, having left the rest at home by mistake.
Being a devout Christian, he remembered the story about Jesus and the five loaves and two fishes. Putting his faith into action, he then proceeded to fish for the next five hours, throwing in a handful of maggots every five minutes - yet still having 1/2 pint left at the end of the session.
Of course, he won the won the match, but those around him proved to be sceptical. They accused him of having a hidden store of maggots.
However, the next miracle stunned the crowd. He took out a packet of 10 hooks and holding them up to heaven asked God's blessing to be upon them. He then opened the packet, giving out handfuls of size 22 spade ends to all those around. Yet, after he had done this, there were still 10 left in the packet.
To those sceptical doubters out there, you may not believe this, but as a man of the cloth would I tell you a lie? This story will run and run and will be the end of tackle shops as we know them...

G

Goose Ganderton

Sounds like one for Moulder & Scully to me Stewart

C

Carp Angler

Sedge, go to bed, it's your only day of work and you need to be up early.

P

Phil Hackett

Has the dear reverend been at the wine again Bishop!

P

Paul Williams

He oonly wins on April first that Mr Proil Lofa........you may be a man of the cloth but you can't pull it over my eyes!!!!!!!!!