i wana catch a carp

• Thread starter Simon Hume-Spry
  • Start date
S

Simon Hume-Spry

i want to catch carp its the only fish left on my hit list i have fished once on a carp pond without much luck can someone give me the name of a decent carp pond in the nottingham area i can try this weekend i only fished rivers before if anyone has any advice on what to take i would be gratefull

B

Budgie Burgess

Sorry but dont know the area at all mate.You mention that you are more at home on rivers.Why dont you give the Trent a go for Carp? A mate of mines brother did very good on it a few years ago.If I remember right he did a few articles in the press about it.Try looking for them the name is Nick Forward.Maybe Ron can help?

S

Simon Hume-Spry

cheers budgie i have hooked carp twice on the trent but lost them both times i havent much confidence carp fishing on the trent i know there are carp in the trent but i can forsee alot of blanks before id hit one i will go tru my pile of fishing mags and try and spot nicks article and thanks again

steve doyle

Reaction score
ive just started carping i went last weekend and tryed a method feeder with boilies but no luck any clues on how to catch one what sort of bait is best hook size ect. thanks

W

Wolfman Woody

Try all sorts of baits, not just boilies. There's halibut pellets, salmon pellets, trout pellets. Then there's hair rigged sweetcorn - still a winner. Proprietory brands of pellets and dumbell boilies - fish and meaty flavours as we come into winter. Or even High Life dog food from Tesco - Chicken lamb and rice dinner in handy packets. Worms - yeh big lobs! Pastes. Ever thought about maggots? Basically so long as you can get it on a hook or hair rig it and it has a smell or some nutritional content and its presented reasonably well the daft fish will pick it up. Just have a little faith and patience.