Bluebell Lakes, Northamptonshire

D

David Whitmill

Due to footpaths being closed I can't fish my local venue so next weekend I'm planning a trip to Bluebell Lakes.

Does anyone have any experience of these lakes and could give me some advice?

I'll be night fishing and hoping to catch a few carp and at ?15 for the night I don't want to blank - but that's carp fishing!

Regards
Dave

C

Carp Angler

I can offer this link
and the advice of don't forget the margins and take your floater gear.

R

Ryan Hunter

Dave i have fished bluebell lake and I thought it was very hard to catch but other people were catching just caught a 2lb 6oz perch on the spinner but cetainly
I will go again in the summer and catch.
If youwould like any more help about the lake e-mail me.

Ryan

M

Malcolm Bason

How did the trip to Bluebell Lakes go David???

I going there tomorrow (mon) - how did it fish? Did you actually fish Bluebell Lake or Kingfisher?

D

David Whitmill

I didn't go in the end, but I'm hoping to get over there on Good Friday.

Good luck for tomorrow and let us know how you get on.

D

David Whitmill

Did a 24hr session Friday night(13th) on Bluebell lake. I fished 2 rods and my mate 3 rods and we didn't have a sniff. It was absolutely packed with barely a swim free on both Bluebell and Kingfisher. Very few fish were caught while we were there probably due to the pressure of so many rods out plus the fact that it was bloody freezing. Expensive blank at a combined cost of ?30 for the two of us.

How did you fare Malcolm?

M

Malcolm Bason

I did the same as you David - I blanked!!
I tried luncheon meat soaked for a couple of days in honey and curry powder, and then pepperami and not a sausage (sorry about the pun). LOL I also tried a home-made pop up or two for an hour or so, but in vain. Iv'e only been doing short sessions on there so far ie: 8 to 10 hrs, until I see it picking up. Iv'e never seen anyone catch there yet, though I know some have had runs!

When I was there Monday it was a beautiful day when the mist/fog cleared(only there from 7am til about 2.30pm) a few were rolling on the top, but too far away for me to get to (bluebell). Those in the swims opposite me didn't bother, so... their loss I guess!

I will give it another week or two before I go again, and hopefully in the mean-time, it will warm up a bit!

M

Malcolm Bason

Hi all - I'm on a 24hour'er on Friday night, to the Bluebell complex. I'll probably try 'Kingfisher lake' os of that big Common!!!!

Anybody else giving it another try? Or does anyone fancy it?