Do any one think Fishing Cruel?

James Wright

Reaction score
I get fed up with people saying that fishing is cruel is there a good explation that fishing is not cruel?

I

ian jay

Cruel? Its wicked when you keep blanking - ask Cakey!

:)

ian

B

Budgie Burgess

To right fishing is cruel!I have been fishing the Ebro system in Spain for 15+ years.I have fished it by myself,with friends and in recent years with guests as a guide.In this time I have seen 4 albino cats landed but despite the many hundreds of cats Ive caught I still havnt been lucky enough to have one my self! NOW THAT IS CRUEL!!!!!!

D

Dave Williams

Only cruel anglers if u treat the fish right enjoy your angling and return them safely then its not cruel in my opinion.

Dave

L

Les Clark

The question asked,is maybe by the same people who ask me,"do you eat them"and "All that trouble and you put them back, you must be mad!)

R

Ron Troversial Clay

Fishing is cruel; especially during a freezing cold day in winter when the east wind blows over the fens, you catch nowt and end up seeing brass monkeys pleading for solder.

Damn cruel if you ask me.

S

Stu Black

Les, up here in N wales, most people I know who fish do fish for the pot, trout and salmon, but I've always got this one bloke bugging me to bring him back a carp to cook. Also any pictures I show anyone, they all say "did you eat it?" none-anglers and anglers alike. Obviously there are some coarse anglers up here and I dont want to call everyone, but this is the general response in a game fishing area.

They really do think I'm insane when I tell them I've put the fish on a padded mat, applied antiseptic (I actually do this with all species) and am happy with just a picture. There again I break the rules on their waters too, often releasing trout in non release waters, when i've taken what i want...