Bloodworm Paste

Tim Birch

Reaction score
Has anyone ever heard of this or knows where to get it?.
I think its used for feeding aquatic pets of sorts but cant seem to find an outlet on the net.
Would'nt mind experimenting with some.

A

andrew jackson

Given the fact that bloodworm are mainly water you would need a massive amount just to produce a tiny blob of paste. Given that, and this is just a guess, but i would have though it will be very cost restrictive.

Tim Birch

Reaction score
Have found a couple of references Andrew:

www.crayfishinholland.com/Lege pagina 2.htm

fish.orbust.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=7333&view=old

I purchase frozen bloodworm cubes for my tank fish (Ghost Koi and tench RIP) and they wnt absolutely cracker for these things even as floating frozen cubes.

Could be worth looking into, and as its not technically worm, probably not really banned on alort of fisheries

A

andrew jackson

I have fed my fish with frozen bloodworm block and like you say they do like it. The only thing I couldnt get out of my mind though is the fact that anything that hits the surface of a tank is like a dinner gong to the fish. Obviously the frozen block continues to float and nice tasty bits drop off it. To me it was just like the diner gong keeps on a ringing. Do the fish like it so much because of what it is? Or is it more a case of the way it is applied that causes feeding in such an enthusiastic manner? At the end of the day, my daughter puts her finger in the fish tank and the fish go bonkers, yet I dont think I will be trying them as bait LOL

Tim Birch

Reaction score
I can see what you mean, but my fish are quite selective when it comes to stuff other than flakes, except for mouldy blue cheese paste, this also seems to have a 'feeding frenzy' effect. Hmmm - mashed boodworm cubes & mouldy blue cheese paste?