UFO's -do they exist?

W

Wolfman Woody

Many of you carp guys must stay out lots of nights every year, has anyone every seen a UFO? Up close, I mean - none of the satelites flying around the earth - I've seen loads of them.

Knowing Ron - he'll probably have been transported up into one, he seems to have been everywhere else. Only joking - Ron !o)

S

Stu Black

Thing is Jeff, we're all tucked up watching the telly before it gets dark....or at least thats what some people believe.

nige reilly

Reaction score
one day was on route to the local res on my bike"jeezus must be twenty odd years ago"anyway i noticed a very bright object which just seemed to be hovering just on the horizon.the sky was cloudless and it was first light,i stopped my push iron to watch it for a minute or two and noticed a postman walking my way, anyway i must have taken my eyes off the light seconds to mention it to the postie,but when we both looked back it had gone ! and this was before the demon drink found me !

A

andrew jackson

I had a very strange experience on a rural shropshire lake. It was a clear moonless night and being away from any substancial source of borrowed light it was very dark and spooky.
Being a seasoned night angler though, I was more than used to this. If the night was mild as it was on this particular night, I quite often brought out my stove from my bivvy and sat by my rods for hours on end brewing tea and smoking far too many ciggys (regular ciggys before anyone gets any funny ideas) and generaly basking in the atmosphere of it all.
Suddenly an orb of light lifted above the trees that created my horizon, the light was round and fuzzy and didnt resemble anything I had previously witnessed. It rose straight up hovered for a split second and then decended straight back down. It was like watching a giant illuminated yo yo. I was shocked my mind was reeling did I realy see that? As if my mind had been read up it comes again, but this time it had a mate with it, they rose verticle much higher than previous, then one dropped slightly traveled horizontaly then both orbs of light decended once agin below the tree line. I can tell you I was totaly freaked at this point in time. No matter how much I considered what I had seen I couldnt think of a logical explination. It didnt end there either, the funny orb show carried on for quite some time perhaps an hour, and at one point in time there were perhaps half a dozen of these strange lights traveling in an unnatural manner.
The next morning I couldnt help but tell the farmer, I didnt care if he thought I was a crackpot, I knew what I had seen! "Oh yes" said the farmer "does look a bit funny if you dont know what it is" he pointed in the direction of where the orbs had been the previous night "thats RAF Shawburry over there, they do night manouvers in helicopters"

W

Wolfman Woody

I asked the question from a purely scientific curiosity point of view in the build up to the Channel 4 programme last night where a spoof UFO was flown over Avebury. It was clever, but who does believe they have seen them.

If anyone would have, it is those who stay out all night and who better than carp (and other) anglers. I mean, there's no straighter, more reliable source of witnesses than anglers is there? They never lie!!!