Boy catches Cod heavier than himself

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
looks wrong to me, dorsal fin too far back. Hybrid?

Not really , cracking fish for a kid.

get the chips on.................

jcp01

Reaction score
Good lord that is one hell of a fish! Getting on for 86 pounds, it's a new European record, I think.

tinca taker

Reaction score
I'm no translater but i think i could do better by guessing what happened and typing it out blindfolded using my toes in flip flops!

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
What language is that paper written in ? Its certainly not English.

Well, thats what comes when someone uses Google Translation pages I guess.

So, I went onto Dagbladet (Daily Sheet, literally) to see myself, but the story must have already been taken down from the web pages.

Mind you, I did find this little beauty about John Cleese,

Cleese drosjer for 30 000 - nyheter - Dagbladet.no

It turns out that he was in Oslo for an interview for an upcoming TV programme in Norway and on reaching the airport was told that all planes had been grounded because of the volcanic ash problems.

Undaunted the comedian then decides to take a taxi from Fornebu Airport, Oslo to . . . . . . . . . . . . . Brussels!

The trip is about a 16 hours drive, plus stops for meals and overnighting in hotels and at an estimated cost of 30,000 nok. (approx 3,000 pounds)

The taxi driver said he has never had a fare like it since starting to drive back in 1994!

Cleese says he took the taxi so that he could get a train back to England the next day.

The marketing manager of the taxi company said that "he is pretty sure, or hopeful, that the driver can pick up a return fare"

Wonderful, just wonderful!