Less is more

W

Wolfman Woody

Brilliantly funny article Kevin. I expect very soon during or after 2004 we will see paths made of the smoothest tarmac in order to allow access for the disabled. Probably not before time in some cases.

And why is it that no bright spark has thought of modifying a weight to take one of the little rocket motors I played with as a kid. That would save you casting and propell your tackle to the horizon if necessary. Yeh, it is funny how tackle gets longer and longer.

J

John Hepworth

I remember those Jeff, were they called Jetex or something like that? The rich kid in ou gang had one(his dad had the local chippy)

W

Wolfman Woody

You're right John. We bought our from a store called Wildes in Manchester. made a little speedboat and sent it up the canal one day, didn't half shift.

J

John Hepworth

The shop at the bottom of Lower Kirkgate in Wakefield used to sell them, can't remember the name now,but it was almost opposite the old pet & fishing tackle shop that old Fred Alexander used to have down there.I bought my first ever pint of maggots from old Fred, grumpy old sod that he was in those days. Many years later when first married we lived just round the corner from his cottage just off Milnthorpe Lane, Sandal.He had by that time turned into a lovely old guy, or it could have been me who had changed. For any one who now uses Alexanders in Wakefield, he was probably the gt grandfather of the present owner.