bait in the fridge

Mithrandir

Reaction score
those of you who know me will realise I never used to have this problem, but now I have a serious issue, I am not allowed to keep bait in the domestic fridge !!!!

I do not want to have a whole ordinary fridge running all the time to keep a few maggots overnight in.

So I was considering getting one of those mini beer/can cooler fridges, keep it in the garage and just turn it on when I have bait.

Are they any good and do you think this is a good idea?

Also any tips on how to wangle fishing passes from a non fishing partner would be helpful, this too is a new skill I am learning!!

Stealph Viper

Reaction score
I have a couple of those small fridges that you are considering using, they are fine for what you would want to use them for, but i would turn them on a good 24 hours before you were thinking of using them, and i would probably keep them on throughout the warmer weather.

Tell her that fishing is who you are, and if she doesn't like it, you'll swap her for a Bait Fridge :D

Rickrod

Reaction score
I got banned not too long ago due to a little red maggot been found wiggling in the bottom of our fridge

quickcedo

Reaction score
I have one of those small mini fridges and it works fine. I use mine in the summer plugged into the car.
As for fishing passes.. For a trouble free life look to the barter system. You gain "Brownie" points for such things as.... DIY (make a big deal of this, sweat and curse alot) things like "can I carry that for you" work to. All "Brownie" points can be exchanged for fishing time. Oh and another good one is "why don't you have a night out with your friends dear" Works a treat!! Worth at least one whole days fishing with sarnies and a flask made for you.

Wombat

Reaction score
Good job you dont look in my fridge ! Had two bait boxes in there this weekend. I have more bait in than food some weekends, as if I am out fishing I dont need the food in there do I !

I would have the opposite problem I would have to hide my bait down a mates maggot fridge if anyone important was coming round !!!!

Cakey

Reaction score
Hello Mike hows your bum for boils ?
when I took a few gallons to france I used ice blocks from a cooler bag in a polystyrene box that I made
and get the mods to put your post count right you look like a newbie ha ha ha

Mithrandir

Reaction score
Hello Mike hows your bum for boils ?
when I took a few gallons to france I used ice blocks from a cooler bag in a polystyrene box that I made
and get the mods to put your post count right you look like a newbie ha ha ha

my bum is fine cakey, and I do not mind being a newbie again, been away so long i feel like I am again

So have you caught any fish since I last saw you or are still just photographing the " proper " anglers :j

Cakey

Reaction score
Im still catching here and there but nothing to write home about but still enjoying it
got new hopes for the new season .......the club I belong to have landed Fishers Green along with 10 other clubs in a consortium
so should be good