A Passion for Angling - The Sequel

S

Shrek

I received a letter the other day from Hugh Miles, the chap that filmed and produced the above, as I'd purchased a copy of P4A from him.

The letter was a mail drop asking if I'd like to purchase what may be the sequel to the above, filmed by Chris Yates and himself. Part 1 is available now and part 2 when they have time to fish it.

Just wondered if anyone else had received the same letter and, if they had the video, what they thought of it.

A

R

Richard Drayson

I'd certainly like a copy, what's it called Adrian?
I didn't get my original P4A from Hugh so won't be getting a letter from him.
Is the video out on general release or only available from Hugh at the moment?

W

Wolfman Woody

I did buy mine from Hugh, but I haven't heard anything about this new one, yet. Not sure if I would want a copy anyway, the first was brilliant (currently repeated weekends on H&L), best ever angling production.

Perhaps the sequal might go the same way as other sequals and not be as good. Perhaps Miles should have picked some different anglers this time round, but what he wants is a few 'off the wall' chaps. Look no further than these web pages, I'd say! And what about our own Graham Marsden - he'd be good.

S

Stuart Bullard

Jeff - whats H&L?

Same question as Gary. If its on DVD I would like it (dont have a video). I only ever saw one episode, which was excellent, how many were there?

Actually re my comment on video (we chucked the last one out when it wore out) my son came out with something while we were night fishing last week that made me think. He is just 9.

"Daddy, I like my CD player, but next time can I have a proper one?"

....a bit annoyed father

"Why, what on earth is wrong with the one I bought you for birthday in July?"

"Nothing, its just doesn't play the big ones"

"Big ones?"

"Yes, I saw them in the shop with mummy, and they were all black and much much bigger"

.......he hadn't ever seen a record and made me feel bloody old!

D

Dave Slater

Passion for Angling is only available on VHS. The sequel will be available of both VHS and DVD. I have not seen the sequel yet.

W

Wolfman Woody

There were 6 x 50 min episodes and the only one I wasn't too keen on was the salmon chase. Everything else was brilliant especially Bernard Venables!! Best value video on fishing.

H&L = Discovery Home & Leisure Chs 133 & 134 on Sky.

S

Shrek

Richard,

This is only available from Hugh at present and is available on VHS and DVD.

I can't remember the title or the address, but will try adn find my letter, provided my daughter hasn't used it for colouring !!!

Adrian

J

john conway

I?d certainly be interested in the sequel. I?ve got the first series and I still watch it form time to time, it brings you back down to earth when you?ve been focusing too hard on a particular species and things haven?t been going to plan, or works getting a real drag. The filming is absolutely brilliant it?s great to chill out and just watch the wild life.

B

bob gutts

Adrian, have you a contact number for Hugh miles and is the original on only VHS or DVD aswell?

W

Wolfman Woody

Last address I have is:
Hugh Miles
Chillbrook Croft, Wimbourne Road
Corfe Mullen
WIMBOURNE
Dorset, BH21 3EA
Try it.

D

Dave Johnson

you can pick up a VHS recorder for ?30 in the big supermarket chains....worth it just to play the series......Barney you tightarse....

G

Gary Knowles

Oh, hello chub.

Thought you'd given up on us and made a new life tinkering with mountain bikes.........

S

Stuart Bullard

Twas what I thought Barney.....

Whats with the mountain bike comments? Cant catch fish with them.......

S

Shrek

Bob,

As Dave Slater said, the original is only available on VHS but I don't suppose it would hurt to ask Hugh Miles if he could put a copy onto DVD for you.

A

S

Shrek

This was featured in last weeks Anglers Mail and is titled "Caught in Time" I think.

One thing that did make me stop and read again was the part about Chris Yates being a single parent of four. I know he had a large family, but didn't realise he was on his own with them now. Would it be too impersonal to ask if anyone knew what happened to his wife?