Help me catch a big fish!!

Andy Clarke

Reaction score
I live in Ireland and I started fishing a year ago. I have been catching Rudd, tench and other smallish fish up to 2lb and I recently caught my first pike (only a 1lb Jack). I want to catch bigger fish either floating or spinning. Can someone give me some tips please .....the simpler the better!!!!
Thanks

Reaction score
Thats quite a large topic to cover Andy. Keep on trying that's my simple tip as part of the fun of fishing is you don't know what your going to hook into next.

W

Wolfman Woody

Get some Bob Nudd videos, (eg Bob Nudd's Guide to Feeder Fishing or Waggler fishing) he does a lot of fishing in Ireland since his wife, Bernie, is Irish. You'll find them through Anglers-World.co.uk

Use the add top right and go to their video section. ?10 each.

There's also an Barrie Rickards video on spinning (anybody help with the title?) for pike, perch etc., and thats particularly applicable to Ireland.

Reaction score
Amazon do it priced ?14 and the title is called Success With The Lure with Barrie Rickards.

R

Ron Troversial Clay

Andy,

Which part of Ireland do you live?

I have spent many hours in Ireland and if I know where you live I think I can put you onto a few biggies together with a few tips.

C

Cakey

Come and spend a week over here on one of our fish-ins,got one coming up soon .......OVER TO WOL.

Kiwi Carper

Reaction score
Cakey

When I win the Lotto Im coming back home for a fish in so I'll see you soon (Im feeling lucky)

C

Cakey

I hope our paths dont cross cause when I win im on my way out there!

Kiwi Carper

Reaction score
LOL
Fancy a house swap????
If you win first Ill take you to catch the biggest koi you will ever see.....

C

Cakey

I once saw a 42lb koi in a garden centre at Raliegh in Essex,anyway your on....do you want me to pick your numbers ?

Lewis Duffy

Reaction score
You want to get your self a little spinning outfit and a decent selection of lures. There are some massive pike in ireland and im sure if you had a go this is the way to get a big one and its rather fun to!!!!