Robin Red

rob hudson

Reaction score
I have heard that Robin Red is good to add to method mix. Can anyone shed any further light on the stuff?
thanks

B

Budgie Burgess

Robin Red is sold in pet shops as a bird food additive.Its purpose (I beleive!)is to improve the colour of cage birds plumage.It has been used as an additive for carp baits for many years.It is quite spicy and will stain your hands red!Another similar additive from the same source is PYM (Phillips Yeast Mix) a classic additive.I have never used either in a Method mix but would guess that they would be as excellent as they are in baits.They both have distinctive enough flavours/smells that they dont require any other adding to the mix.

A

Andrew Robinson

www.supercatch.com

Robin Red is supplied by Haiths, who sell direct to the public. Its quite potent, so don't use a lot, normally 1-2 table spoons per kilo of groundbait is enough. Haiths actually do some pre blended robin red based method mixes, SuperRed, that are truly excellent.

D

Dave Rothery

sluis clo and sluis mynah (bird)food are worth a try.......

B

Budgie Burgess

Forgot about Sluis as Dave says another great additive.Once again available from the pet shops.

D

Dave Rothery

aah, a whole generation thats never made their own baits......!