Nikwax

R

Richard Drayson

Fellas,
Having recently bought some winter waterproofs I've been looking at products to clean and re-proof them when the time comes.
Nikwax manufacture different types of cleaner and re-proofer for all sorts of fabrics and I've just won some of their TechWash absolutely free by playing their Web Quiz and you can too.
I can win again if some new players join up recommended by me - if you'd like a go, then visit Nikwax and look for the web-quiz button. When you register for the quiz, please quote my alternative e-mail address (huffkin@hotmail.com). For every 5 people that quote me, I can play and win again. Have fun!

R

Richard Drayson

A bottle of their TechWash Adrian, actually, two bottles now as five members have entered the quiz.

Good isn't it? I just wonder how many more bottles of the product they're willing to give away???

E

Eric Hayes

I've just won a bottle of TechWash to. I bought some last month to do my Nato Gor-tex stuff and its good gear, well it got my pants and jacket clean. Gor-Tex does need to be clean to be at it's best.

W

Wolfman Woody

You have to use non-detergent products on Gore-tex and TechWash is perhaps the best. That Polarproof really works on fleeces too. Salesman in the shop said he'd had the rep in who poured a cup of water onto a fleece treated with it and it didn't go through, it just sat on top of the material even after 10 minutes. Sales talk - maybe, but mine are alright and I've had them out in the pouring rain - when we had some.

S

Shrek

Rich, I should have clarified, I meant what clothing did you end up getting?

I've used their wash in stuff before and it really is excellent. Also, the spray on stuff for boots is brilliant too, especially if they are a mix of canvas and suede.

R

Richard Drayson

Adrian, I eventually purchased a jacket and bib&brace from Prologic. Very comfortable bit of kit. I'll write a review after I've worn it a few times.
It's the plain olive green one, not the leaf/tree camou that's being advertised now.