Ruined fishing

Brian Goddard

Reaction score
Why is it that the selfish Carp fishermen ruin the fishing for us general fishermen by the use of boilies. I used to fish a pair of lakes on the somerset levels good roach,bream,tench and the occasional carp, then the tonne and a half at a time boilie merchants came and now nothing but small fish, unless you use carp bait, what happened to the use of sensible baits for carp like luncheon meat, bread etc., I would imagine that if this practice of overloading the waters with boilies continues we will see those specimen fish floating on the surface due to the poisoning of the waters by uneaten tonneages of boilies. SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT BOYS consider other people who partake in the fishing sport.

D

Dave Rothery

why dont you just use boilies? they're more convinient, and obviously far better for the fish otherwise they wouldn't stop eating the other baits. you tend to find that learners pile loads of bait in because they cant find gravel bars, so make their own. i've written an article for them that might help. the reasom carp anglers dont use bread, luncheon meat,etc is that you cant buy it in a pack with a picture of a carp on it costing 57 times the actual price, so therefore no good. and as we're all fat, we're likely to eat it first. why worry about killing off the carp? if they're dead no-one will be fishing for them, so no more boilies will go in. unfortunately, carp are one of the hardiest fish so it is likely that most of the other species will die first. sorry.

S

Stuart Bullard

Luncheon meat has outfished boilies at my club lakes this year. I suggest because it is different and the fish are less wary after years of boilies.

But as Dave says, if you cant beat them...

D

Dave Rothery

you often get the "you can only catch on boilies", but if no-one is using sweetcorn, no-ones going to catch on it! find feeding fish, you'll (eventually) catch them whatever you use, whatever the species.

G

Gary Knowles

Brian,

It's not the introduction of boilies that ruin waters....

It's the introduction of carp...

Taking cover rapidly !!!!!

D

Dave Rothery

yeah gary, "ratfish wol" will be after you.

oh yeah, sorry, he was catting.......

Brian Goddard

Reaction score
I cast my hook and did not expect to catch so many so quickly. Total weight caught probably in the 60 to 100 stone overnight thanks chaps see you carp fishing sometime

M

Mike Lee

And once again PETA rears it's ugly head

I often cast my hook also in the 60 to 100 stone bracket.

Stick to the trout and codling Brian please!

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

They always give themselves away dont they Mike ?

M

Mike Lee

Once met one who spelt his own name Brain.

That WAS a giveaway!

B

Budgie Burgess

Well that was an interesting,witty and constructive thread Brian,cant wait to read more of your posts......................

N

Nick Austin

i'm lost?.....someone explain what all this is about please? lol

D

Dave Rothery

i think it was another pointless point scoring exercise against carp anglers, but obviously those wonderful people at peta will pick up on things like "dumping tonnes of uneaten food" and exploit it, so its a bit self defeating really. maybe he's angling for repsonses as theres nothing left in the sea!

R

Roto Fryer

what is this thread about?
1. an angler who has lost the knack ?
2. an incompetent angler?
3. an angler who cant adjust his tactics to the water he fishes?
4. sour grapes?
5. someone too tight to buy boilies?
6. someone who dosent posess the knowledge to make his own boilies?
7.someone who dosent know that us carpers catch carp on bread, maggots, sweet corn etc
8. someone who got his favourite rod snapped by a carp?

M

Mike Lee

Brian, Jerry and Billy......

Methinks there's doings afoot.

A previously troubled soul returned to the site to make mischief?

Cunning insight by Mike Lee, or conspiracy theorist gone mad???????

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

and someone who weighs his fish in stones........