WhichTest curve?

nick walkington

Reaction score
I am looking for a new rod to enable me to cast a method feeder a reasonable distance, however I rarely use a hooklenth of more than 10/12Lb. What test curve should I be looking at buying? - Help!

D

Dave Rothery

depends on what sort of distance - upto 50yds or so, 21/2 will probably be ok. i use 3lb test and can get 70+ (with a following wind and not too big a ball). buy a boat and its academic!

S

Stuart Bullard

mmmmmm bait boats again.

Nick, what has the hooklink got to do with it? It should not be a factor at all.

2.5lb should be fine unless you are casting huge distances, in which case I would either use a different method or buy a bai........

S..t, nearly said it then, but I think I got away with it.

K

Kevan Busby

I bought and use every trip the Greys 3.5lb Prodigy. Coupled with a Big Pit LC & 15lb Catana it easily hurls a 4 to 5 oz method feeder to infinity and beyond (if needs dictate) yet, the superb action of the rod, coupled with the sexy smooth clutch of the Big Pit ensures a result every time in the margins (that's Shropshire for you..!!). I also use a weak hooklink, at least 5lbs bs below the reel line.

M

Mike Lee

Gonna change my name to Mike Leeinton

Hint hint!

Imagination of ant!

D

Dave Rothery

stu - i should be reviewing a very reasonably priced boat soon if your interested.......