Medium Pit reels.....??

T

Tony O'Dell

Just wondering if there are any reels out there somewhere between a Shimano Baitrunner and a Big Pit reel....after something not too expensive to use for a bit of light spodding, plumbing and use for a marker float. Will be used with a 12ft 2 3/4 test rod.
Under 80 pounds would be nice.....

D

Dave Rothery

daiwa emblem 5000t's if you can still get them. no baitrunner, but why would you want one for spodding etc?
or a "sea fishing" reel, probably half the cost!

T

Tony O'Dell

Exactly Dave...no Baitrunners required :)
Are the Emblems a bit smaller than the normal bit pit reels?
Anyone know where they can be purchased?

T

Tony O'Dell

What about the Daiwa Emblem S 4500T
Is that a bit smaller still?

C

Chris Bishop

I've got the 5000s, use them for heavier piking methods and off the beach and they're a good, robust reel. They're also quite heavy, which might be worth bearing in mind if you have to walk any distance on the waters you fish.

B

Budgie Burgess

Anyone know where I can get some Small Stream Pit reels from? Sorry being silly.The only thing I want from a "Spodding" reel is a big spool.As mentioned even realy cheap sea fixed spools have these.If you are a Tackle Tart the origonal Biomasters are quite cheap second hand now.

C

Chris Bishop

You can get cheap sea reels for ?20 but they don't last five minutes and the line lay's pants.

B

Budgie Burgess

Ive just checked the origonal post and yes it was a "spodding" reel the fella wanted.

M

michael rouse

the diawas are too expensive.the maver/tica reels are a good buy.