The Carp Column

R

Rob Brownfield

I liked the article but I think there is a little mistake. I believe Maddocks and Middleton came up with the hair rig due to bite offs and line thickness. The original hair was at least 2 inches long and allowed the bait to be crushed by the throat teeth but the hook and main line to remain in the mouth area, thus preventing a bit off.
The secondary reason was so the carp did not feel the mono until it was too late.

This is not ment to be a finger pointing remark, just hope I got this right as i am sure that is what I read in an article from Maddocks ages ago.

Keep up the good work.

C

Carp Angler

It's true that I haven't mentioned the bite offs, but having just re-read it, the other points you mention are contained in the article.

R

Rob Brownfield

ooops..as i say..not trying to have a go...i am at work so I tend to just skim any articles until i have time.

Good work though, keep it up!

R

Rob Brownfield

Rik, just read it properly, I appologise, you are correct :eek:)

C

Carp Angler

See, it must be good, you read it twice :eek:)

Any feedback is good, people need to tell me either that what I write is good/crap or tell me what they want articles on, otherwise you'll just get the printed ramblings of my depraved mind.

J

John Tait

I always thought (as a carp angler) that a little bit of depravity was a pre-requisite, Rik !!

Jonty

C

Carp Angler

You don't want to go fully into the dark recesses of my mind mate.
There's some weird old junk in there that occasionally surfaces.
Must be all those lonely nights on big windswept gravel pits.

S

Stewart Bloor

You know when he's really going off on a trip...his pupils grow four times their normal size...