The perfect Hooklength.

Tim Birch

Reaction score
Though I am not an expert in the physics of these things (which will probably become very apparant through the course of this thread) I've always had a thing about the business end of the rig.
My ideas for a perfect hooklength, not counting ultra fine diameters or stiff rigs, would possibly be a multistrand flourocarbon affair.
Ultra supple, almost invisible and maybe some king of pva stiffener, much like the stuff used to give an anti-tangle effect on casting as used with braid on feeder or long range carp rigs.

Does anyone know if this is possible?

Or have any other ideas?

J

jason fisher

there's no such thing as a perfect hook length, only what's right for today, if you can find it

B

Budgie Burgess

My idea of a perfect hook length would be a matiriel that was ultra soft,ultra abrassion resistant,ultra strong,gentle on the fish and invisible! If it also contained a substance that attracted massive fish then that would be good to! Wonder if Mr Chilton could find some thing like that in a skip?

Tim Birch

Reaction score
Surely, such as with that perfect/rod and reel threads we could throw together some good 'new' ideas, any chemists out there?