couple of questions

B

Ben hollingworth

ok first. does a licence expire on the 31 of march? what about waters that are open all year round?

and second. are elactics in poles colour coded? or are they the make and model colour and all different? its just i have got 2 end sections and i dont have a clue what elastic is in them. thanks

S

Steve Andrews

The licence does indeed expire on the 31st March. You will need to buy a new one after that date but before you fish any of those fisheries open all year. If bought on the 1st April it lasts all year.

As for you other question each manufacturer codes differently so you will not be able to judge the strength of elasic from color, unless you know who made it.

Cheers

Steve

B

Ben hollingworth

thanks steve. looks like im goin to have to re elasticate it all then :( oh well. a little more practice for me

S

Steve Andrews

If you're going to re-elesticate can I suggest using something like the stora bung. These are great little devices because you don't have to get the tension dead right. You can adjust on the bank side if you need a softer of harder setting.

Cheers

Steve

B

Ben hollingworth

just looked on the net at them stora bung and they look like a great idea. infact they are a good idea. i am goin to ask about them next time i go down. thanks

John Frankland

Reaction score
Hi Ben

The following guide may help you to estimate your elastic ratings.

Elastic Diameter(mm)
2 0.66mm
3 0.75mm
4 0.86mm
5 0.93mm
6 1.06mm
7 1.13mm
8 1.2mm
10 1.4mm
12 1.6mm
14 1.8mm
16 2.1mm

John

D

Danny Lancaster

I like to use the elastics by Preston Innovations used in conjunction with the storabungs. Dont forget also to buy a small tub of lubricant for your elastic which you apply before you start fishing to ensure the free running and retrieval of your elastic. Again I use the Slip lubricant by Preston Innovations or the one by Future.

As far as licences go, I get mine over the internet, no fuss or post office queues.