line

T

tim battman

hi, what would you recomend as a good mono line to use for carp.the adverts are doing my head in with all the claims any advice gladly taken

G

goff dyer

Berkley Ironsilk, and Daiwa Sensor, i find these two very good

C

Carp Angler

My advice is forget the adverts.

Because carpers are generally looking for abrasion resistence and knot strength, as opposed to diameter, then you are buying 15 or 17lb line, packaged as 10 or 12.
Look thru the archives on here and you will see loads of comments about peoples preferences, the limited number of manufacturers in the world and the scams etc.

M

michael rouse

berkley triline.Great line.cheap and very thick.maxima chamelion is apparently good .

K

Ken Stevens

ive used 12 lb berkley triline for 2 years it's never let me down it's well pricsed and tough

E

EC

Berkley Big Game, but I have just started using Penn Surfcast for sea fishing and thats good too!

A Wayne

Reaction score
I agree bout the toughness of Trilene. I've always used Chameleon though.

G

gary smith

I have been using fox soft steel 12lb so far this year and have had no problems with it. Its quite dear for mono and but i have had no problems with it. ?14.99 for 1020m so good value.
Crazycarper1

L

lewis pointon

i have been using nash bullet 12lb this season and it hasnt let me down (yet).

B

Budgie Burgess

I have used braid for a long time now but in all fairness I used Maxima Chamelion for a lot longer!Never let me down.

J

jason fisher

another vote for big game from me, never had problems with it in 15 years of using it

M

michael rouse

someone i fish with thinks that big game is too thick.he compared it with his chamelion and it was twice as thick in the same breaking strain

D

Dave Rothery

too thick for what? i know what i'd rather use over gravel/thru weed

J

John Pleasance

I find it hard to believe that Big game is twice as thick as Maxima.

There may be some confusion there because Berkley lines are normally measured in fractions of an inch rather than mm.