Crushing Hemp

A Wayne

Reaction score
Whenever I try to crush hemp it turns into an stodgy mush. How do you crush it without this happening?

Thanks

D

David Will

Bit late but get yourself a coffee grinder itro ?15 John Lewis/Trewins.Perfect crushed Hemp. You will recoup the fifteen quid in no time on money saved buying crushed hemp.. Also good for pellets, vitalin, etc etc.

You put it in the grinder uncooked by the way.You can then add this to groundbait dry or cover it in boiling water and leave overnight for hemp porridge which is a brilliant binder or can be fed neat for Chub or Barbel via a dropper.

A Wayne

Reaction score
It's hard to work with cos it just sticks to everything in my grounbait.

J

Jon Moores

Try a seed merchants. I get crushed hemp for about 4.50 for 3kg. Not really wiorth doing it yourself for that.

D

Dave Rothery

whats wrong with it sticking the groundbait together?

A Wayne

Reaction score
it goes into balls, which leaves one half sticky on the other dry. Then you cna't do much with it.

L

Les Clark

Jon,sorry but that`s a dear way of doing it,sack of hemp 25killo`s ?12,?15 for the coffee grinder.

D

David Will

and the coffee grinder will grind up pellets,other particles and like Les say's works out cheaper sooner rather than later.Everything is as fresh as a daisy too.Three ways of using crushed Hemp. 1. Dry in which case you add to dry groundbait BEFORE adding water.2.Cover with boiling water , leave overnight and use this mush (which is far better than dry imho)to wet your groundbait.2.Having prepared your groundbait add the Hemp mush which creates a very sticky mix ideal for catapulting or in a feeder.As it is a hemp oil mix it does not suffer in cold water like Pellet type mixes.You could also use the mush neat in a feeder plugged by breadcrumb, very good in winter for Chub/Barbel.

L

Les Clark

I like to bake the hemp and then grind it,it ends up like a nutty smelling flour.