Are perch the new barbel?

J

jason fisher

i hope the circus doesn't turn up after perch.
To me they are the most beautiful fish when big, even better than a big roach.

J

John Hepworth

Hope they are. If they keep the circus away from the chub rivers/swims thats fine by me.

D

Dave Slater

Jason/John,
Unfortunately perch and chub are both fairly "in" fish with the circus these days. Hopefully this will not always be the case.

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Almost two years down the line, and I came across this article.
It could have been written yesterday.

J

jason fisher

bluudi ell better go aout an catch a fish so i can change me picture if its that old

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Jason, join the club next month. Or even sooner mate. I am getting some good reports.

M

matthew nightingale

Sad to say I've never caught a perch in this country. I have to own up to catching a few in Sweden and then barbequing them!! Jolly tasty they were to.

Will someone tell me where to catch perch in Lancashire if I promise not to eat them....

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
There is the Manchester end of the Bridgewater canal which is a day ticket stretch (Kellogs)

Other than that, I will pay for your membership into my club, if you will pay mine into yours next season.

matt

Reaction score
Surely the carpers turned barbelers wont fish for perch? to small and to much like hard work for most of them I suspect.

matt

Reaction score
Matthew like the picture? Hope I'm not breaking copyright!!

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay

They are proper fish. They have been little interferred by man and big ones are not all that easy to catch.

:eek:)

E

EC

FFS they've only been the new barbel since Eddie put them back on the map, and now every fecker is jumping on the bandwagon and turning up with blue wigs and painted faces!

E

EC

I reckon barbel are the new carp, which kind of makes carp quite retro!

What say you?