Real Winter Weather

D

Dave Rothery

bet you wish you had skeetex, thermal suits, gas burners,etc back then!

mind you, isnt it like that up north in the summer?

R

Robert Woods

Graham,
I'm sure I've seen this photo of Dave Ankers on the front of Coarse Fisherman mag. I used to have a lot of the old mags with articles from your self and others abpout "normal" everyday angling. I wished I kept them, atleast it would be a change from the modern mags full of adverts and european angling.

J

John Hepworth

Now that propper chub fishing weather is with I have knackered my knee (Dave Slater syndrome I think it is called) The laughable thing about it (not really laughing) I tripped when I was leaving the room where I had just attended my disability hearing tribunal.

J

John Hepworth

Good tribunal result, I got the higher rate mobility component. Must have been because I had a go at the doctor when I asked if he was trying to wind me up with his stupidquestions. I told him that my disability was physical not mental . Only problem is now, not many northern chub rivers have disability access.

D

Dave Slater

They don't down here either John. Don't let it put you off. I am sure you will be able to find a few decent swims that are accessible and near to where you can park. I had to last winter before I had my knee operation and my results were probably better than they would have been if I could have walked to any swim I fancied. Think it through John. I am sure you will still be able to do some chub fishing. Good luck.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Robert, a very similar picture was on the cover yes, if I remember correctly.

G

Gary Knowles

John,

don't worry about access. Mr Marsden has been fishing nothing but car park swims for years....

J

John Hepworth

Dave/ Gary. That?s the way I had my PB chub from Walkers stretch. Fished the (what I thought was) nearest swim to the bridge. Walking back this cheeky young bugger asked me to weigh a big chub he had just taken. He was Paul Fickling, with his bloody 7lb chub. We had several telephone conversations after that before Paul joined the group. Such a sad loss

J

John Hepworth

Dave, The Wear must have some of the least accessable fishing in the whole country, apart from the Ciy bits and then you cant afford the parking. When you manage to get to the top of the bank on many sections there is then a drop of 20-30ft at most swims. Not complaining though as I am almost guaranteed to have the river to myself.

Kiwi Carper

Reaction score
winter weather......you think you have got it bad think of me in January with the brolly up factor 30 slapped all over and constant blazing sun its a nightmare

Kiwi Carper

Reaction score
murder, I have to stop wearing shorts and buy factor 15 though it averages around 16 - 18 degrees