Advice Wanted

S

Stephen Mc Cormack

Hi all, just wondering what you'd buy with ?120 or so as a good wt4-5 rod in around the 8 foot range, as her indoors has decided to splash out for Xmas. Looking for a rod for small river work mostly dry flys. Thanks in advance.

R

Ross Turner

Have a look at the Greys range of rods.Go to FMTC.co.uk.or phone Mark & he will do you 10% off list price.

S

Stephen Mc Cormack

Hi ross that link doesn't seem to work just brings me to a page for some ISP any chance you could repost. As for the Greys range had a look on another site and they seem very attractive for the price.

R

Ross Turner

Try this link www.fmtc.co.uk.I just bought 2 Platinum X 10` 7# which should of cost just under ?500 but i got them for a lot less by phoning around & playing one firm against another,& as i said he gives 10% discount.

R

Ross Turner

Stephen,When you have a look on fmtc go to clearance Xmas crackers.
Redington FSF Classic 2piece 8` wf4 should be ?220 now ?139 not a bad deal if you ask for 10% discount aswell.
Tell him that i recomended him.

Kiwi Carper

Reaction score
if you want a real xmas prezzy try a return flight to NZ and have a crack at a world record trout just been one caught at 17.5kg............now where is my fluff flinging gear

R

Ross Turner

Kiwi,I saw the fish you are on about on another forum,but it does not state what method it was caught on Fly,Spinner or Bait.

R

Ross Turner

I have been informed that the stretch of water where it was caught is fished quite heavy with spinner & bait as its just below a dam.

R

Ron Troversial Clay

I've just picked up a copy of the Magazine - "Today's Flyfisher", produced by David Hall. It's a nice mag and in the latest issue are some stunning shots of the Hebrides - my type of country - looks like the Eastern Cape near Barkley East (there I go again).

In the mag is the catalogue of Yorkshire Game Anging, based in Rotherham of course. There are some excellent ideas for Christmas presents in this catalogue. I like the look of their Nomad 81/2 foot 5 weight 5 section rod at ?149.99. I am looking for a nice river rod and this seems to be the right kind of tool.

have a look at www.yga.yorks.com

S

Stephen Mc Cormack

Hi, thanks Ross I don't want to ruin the suprise but i reckon i'm getting one of the reddington 8' wt4 rods, actually i know i am as i had to order it myself as she was afraid she'd make a mistake and order something stupid. Got it at a good price too. Thanks for all the help.