Shimano baitrunner 6000re reel

Lewis Duffy

Reaction score
I am thinking of buying a pair of baitrnner re reels to go with two shimano hyperloop barbel xt rods. I have heard mixed reports on these reels and im wondering wether theyre worth ?56 because some reports say you are paying for the name. If anyone has some please give me your opinion!

C

Chris Bishop

Ok for that price but they're definitely not as robust as the older ones, develop the wobbles faster, one jammed after six weeks' use, handles bend easy and the spool develops that annoying rattle within a few trips.

Line lay's ok, like the double handles and the bail rollers seem to keep going forever.

conor dougan

Reaction score
well getting back to you on this i bought one of these reels with the double handle and spare spool and liked it too much leading to anouther 2 purchases adding up to £120 for 3 great valur and spacous line capsities excellent line lay and come with a 2 year warrenty i do alot of pike/trout/salmon fishing and this reel is the perfect all rounder!! believe me these reels are deadly

moody

Reaction score
Try the 6000 gtb'smiles better reels i had a pair for18 monthesand they were faultless so much so that my mate who had watched me use them was quite happy to give me £90 the pair when i upgraded great reel very robust and they are as smooth as silk to use also they look good to with the gun metal silver coating!

Geoff Brown

Reaction score
I've just bought a 5000 RE, and it fits the bill nicely. Just big enough for Pike work (close to medium range), matt black not some tarty Halfords colour, accepts GTE alloy spools (so I bought three), can be ugraded to near GTE spec with two £1.50 bearings from your local bearing supply house, and has the single handle that I much prefer, oh, and all this whilst being not much bigger than a 4000 size P3 reel (spool is actually slightly smaller diameter). Longevity? Well, we'll have to see!

Poingdestre's are doing them the cheapest at the moment I think.