Beginners and Improvers

• Thread starter Colin North, the one and only
  • Start date
C

Colin North, the one and only

Graham,

I was just looking a the topics threads and noticed the above.
If the thread is for "beginners and improvers" presumably it is intended that they will ask questions for other, more experienced anglers to answer. Wouldn't it be better if those questions were posed here, under this thread, where clearly many very experienced anglers visit?

I for one have never read any of the threads under beginners and improvers section, I simply don't have time to read everthing, but I try to make a point of visiting this thread often.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
I'm not sure, you may be right. The original intention was to offer a 'safe' place for beginners and improvers to post basic questions, following a message that they were not confident enough to post them elsewhere.

Surely those who are inclined to help beginners and improvers will visit the section?

What do others think?

D

Dave Slater

Graham,
I think the latest replies section helps with this. I always go into this rather than each section individually now as it is much quicker. I may not have looked at the beinners and improvers section without this facility but I have answered a few postings on it now, both via the thread and by private E_mail. I presume others have done the same and hope that the information we have given has helped. We should help if we can and the latest replies facility makes this easy.Colin, if you are on the site regularly you will be able to look at these threads easily without going into the relevant section.

C

Cakey

I just go down the main list and if "beginners and improvers" has NEW beside it I go in and have a read and help if I can, so its ok where it is with me.

PTnymph

Reaction score
I have to agree with Cakey, I often go in there to see if I can help in anyway

D

Dave Rothery

all the "whats the best bait" type of posts tend to get ignored in the "proper" sections, whereas you normally get some kind of answer in the beginners.

ps. what is the best bait?

C

Colin North, the one and only

I was only talking about myself when I said I'd never read it. It is obvious that someone with a bit of knowledge is going to read it from time to time. I hadn't noticed such a thread as "best bait" being ignored.

Is it possible to generate a posting in the beginners bit to automatically or simultaneously appear in this thread? Just a thought.

D

Dave Rothery

when i say ignored, they dont get sensible answers!

ps. what is the best bait?