brooklodge specimen carp lake Eire

D

Denis Goulding

Hi all,
Well history was made last night in Maynooth Fishery Ireland. Over 250 fish from low doubles to 33lb were stocked. Average fish 18lb. Plus 7 Koi carp all doubles to 16lb. These fish were imported legally to France.
Brooklodge is set to be the Irish premier carp water and can be fished on a day ticket from the 22nd of december.
Anyone that wishes to fish the water can contact me for further details.
I never seen so many lovely fish as last night.
The trick now will be catching them but thats not for two weeks as the fish need some time to settle in .
Regards,
Denis

T

The Monk

I suppose it was only a matter of time, surprised it didnt actually happen sooner?

whatever happend to Cork Lough and the Cork Carp Catchers Club?

F

Fred Bonney

Let's hope your lake isn't close to the river system!

J

Jez Thomas

Hi Dennis,
I have a couple of questions,
What is the PH of your lake? (will the fish grow?)
and how did you manage to import fish from France legally?

Fred has a valid point the carp could damage the Salmon stocks. I am very surprised

D

Dave Rothery

you can legally import fish by applying for a licence, and crossing a few palms with silver....

D

Denis Goulding

Monk,
A lot of the old fish in the Lough have now gone to the pond i the sky. Therte are still fish in it but its a dangerous place toi fish.
Fred ,
It is near a small river about 4ft wide , no salmon run it and the fish cannot escape even during flood conditions this has all been done and viewed by various parties before we got the stock.
Jez,
8.2 is the ph of the lake. Yes the fish will grow as there is huge amounts of natural feed in the lake. We are also feeding the fish during the wintere periods.
Through the department of marine, carp had been stocked in this lake before and sanctioned through the fishery board so there was no problem,Fish were quarantined ( however u spell it ) and 4 medicals were done on the fish before they came over to be sure to be sure..all the paperwork was in order.

Yes the fish were brought over legally

Regards,
Denis

T

The Monk

thanks for that Denis, I know Cork lough used to be the main place with carp stockings in the 70s, I visited the place once, circa 1978, from memory it was in the middle of a local authority estate, quite a few lads were fishing it at the time though.
A truely beutiful country though, good luck,
whats the Eire record at present?

S

Stuart Bullard

A bit humbug guys ?

Denis - good luck, I hope it goes well for you.

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

Hope it all goes well Denis ---Who'd have thought...a carp fishery in Maynooth ----
The nearest one to you was Galmoylestown near Multyfarnham wasn't it ?

Do you live in Maynooth Denis?---(Theres a good chinese takeaway there we used to stop at on our way back to the ferry)
Mother Hubbards was good for breakfast on our way from the ferry

C

Carp Angler

Well done Denis, I would imagine that it involved an immense amount of hard work on everyones part.
I hope that a lot of people benefit from the joy that it will bring.
And for all those stick in the muds that hate carp, I say .... yah boooo

D

Denis Goulding

Monk,
The Irish Record is a fish in its 20's there have been fish caught over 30 but there have been no pics or venues named.Carp fishing over here is still very hush hush over here.
the fish in maynooth cannot be ratified as specimens as some , well most of the new fish were put in over specimen weight which is 12lb here.

Stuart.
Cheers for the kind words mate.

Eddie,
Galmoylestown was the nearest fishery with doubles. Rathbeggan has small carp to 6lb i think in it thats in Dunshaughlin . I live in Dublin but work in Lexlip.Good chineese in maynooth and mother hubbards cannot be bet for a huge breakfast,,,Eddie thanks for the kind words also i will pass them on to the fishery manager Julie Gerry.

Carp Angler,
U are dead right and there is still a lot of hard work to do. Yes if they do not like it well thats up to them. Doesn't bother me or anyone else involved. First members meetingis tonight and the fishery is opening on the 15th.
Cannot wait..
Regards,
Denis

R

Ron Troversial Clay

Just don't let those overgrown goldfish get out into the rivers systems.

The rudd has been almost destroyed by roach populations and much as I like roach fishing,I would hate to see the other indigenous fish of Ireland threatened by carp.

T

The Monk

yeah thats a problem really Ron, Ireland used to be an island of Rudd, I can remember Eric telling me about the Isle of Man being the last strong hold of pure roach, expect thats changed too?

C

Carp Angler

Oh yeah, I remember the good old days when we used to catch pure bred Koolasuchus, in the early Cretaceous period, then those damn rudd came along and polluted the river system with their golden scales and red fins.
I mean, it was only 105 million years ago and look at the destruction they caused.

It makes my blood boil at times.

D

Dave Rothery

kill all the roach, thats the answer. carp are obviously the top of the evolutionary tree....

T

The Monk

yeah well I guess thats progress eh

come back T Rex all is forgiven

D

Denis Goulding

Thanks for all the kind words guys.
I will let you know how the fishery develops from time to time and of course i will be bugging you for advice on how to get the blighters out..
Thanks again.
Regards,
Denis